All-Star Disturbed

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oh, the youth ministers comments were a lot worse. His comments were very inappropriate. I would have to message them to you.
I have a sociology class this semester in which we have to write a research paper about a social topic/issue. I'm trying to tackle the idea of rape culture and it would be greatly appreciated if you could pm the comments you're referring to. I think they would make great examples, even though it's still crazy to me that creepy old men are still a social issue and most authorities won't do anything unless you're physically assaulted and even then well.. You know.

@Fierce_Elite I work at Hooters. I wear short shorts and a small tank top with what most people would call a lot of cleavage. I can honestly tell you that I've had more inappropriate comments made when I'm at the mall shopping with my friends wearing jeans, a sweater, and riding boots then I've ever had at work. Telling me that what I'm wearing is going to make a pervert more or less likely to make a comment or be physically inappropriate is absolutely ridiculous. Your comment with the cover up thread may, as you've said, not meant to be offensive but it was. The damage is done. Take a hiatus from FB or remove yourself altogether. Please do not continue to post ignorant comments about the psychology of rape, molestation, sexual harassment, or anything of the sort. I'm not sure if you realize but you could be arguing with victims of these crimes, and I promise you telling them that what they wore provoked their attacker will severely slow if not completely halt their healing process.

I learned (on here actually!) that this phrase is apparently racist and should not be used. Just pointing it out because I felt like a complete a$$ that day after I was jumped all over for saying it. (not sure why those same people didn't call you out on it since they are posting here) I legitimately never knew and have said this my whole life.

OK, I'll go back to reading.

I have to admit @Just-a-Mom it was me who did this to you and I fervently apologize... At that time I was in the middle of being oversensitive and yes, I admit, I was being a big old Drama Queen and fling out any allegations to win an argument... Sorry for doing that to you and I hope you can forgive me...:oops: No, in retrospect this phrase is not considered racist and I hope my moment of trying to win did not cause you any harm...Sorry!!!!

Last edited:
I have to admit @Just-a-Mom it was me who did this to you and I fervently apologize... At that time I was in the middle of being oversensitive and yes, I admit I was being a big old Drama Queen and fling out any allegations to win an argument... Sorry for doing that to you and I hope you can forgive me...:oops: No, in retrospect this phrase is not considered racist and I hope my moment of trying to win did not cause you any harm...Sorry!!!!

No worries! I never even knew it was considered racist by anyone, so I learned something new. (and I don't even remember what thread it was, but I'm willing to bet I probably deserved it!)

This thread calmed down finally. I'm going to ask everyone to not direct responses to Fierce. PM if you want to discuss anything.

I also think we may have also helped @BuegeSmalls with her shape-hating issue.

I picture @BuegeSmalls as a cute little girl with pig tails so the reason she needs her watermelon in triangle shapes is because that's what little kids like. Now leave her alone, you bull (y) shark. :p

Back