Do I Have To Stretch Every Single Day To Get Really Flexible?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 26, 2014
I dream of getting straight high kicks that touch my forehead with ease with out rolling up on my toes for more height. How often do I have to stretch to potentially do a bow and arrow? I want to get my split by the end of this year. I missed two days of stretching in a row this week, how will that affect my flexibility? I work on my legs a lot and I feel that taking a single days break from stretching is good. I think it allows my legs to kind of heal from all the stretching trauma. Am I on to something here?

Yes, taking a day off in between intense stretching sessions is a good idea. Perhaps you should alternate between static stretching days and active stretching/strengthening days.

Definitely muscle memory, same as practicing a certain skill, if u stop doing it eventually you will lose it!

I suggest stretch every other day. About 3 or 4 days a week! Before you stretch, make sure your muscles are really warmed up. You could go for a quick run or something right before you start to stretch. Then stretch for 1 hour. I would say that if you do that, you'll get flexible pretty fast. Depending on how determined you are and how hard you work for it. :)

Last edited:
My CP stretches daily. Is that bad for her?
It depends on how intense her stretching sessions are. It's just like working out. Is it bad to work out every day? No. But if you're wiring out see maximum intensity every day, yes.

I spend almost two hours stretching almost every day. It'd a long stretching routine I created mainly focused on the legs and hamstrings.

I get suuuuper bored stretching and I know my girls do too. Does anyone have any at least semi interesting stretching routine? There's probs already been a post about this but I can't find it.

Back