All-Star Documentary On World Cup Twinkles!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Lol a few years ago (maybe it was even longer) they had a voiceover in their music that said "When I grow up I want to be a Shooting Star" and my cp and I kept saying that as we were watching.
I might be making this up but I remember being on twitter and seeing that some of the current Stars were on that Twinkle team and they were saying how they had that voiceover in their routine and now they are Shooting Stars :)

Not getting fired up over it but honestly those comments about how this isn't a true national and these girls are wasting their time are extremely ignorant. This girls don't want the Olympics. Whose to say every gymnast can get to the olympics? We have worlds and that's what these girls want. NCA is a national. They compete against all the teams in the division. So what they're may not be tweenty teams in the division that just shows how elite the level is. Its no different than Large Senior at worlds. At that level those girls are kids yes, but they take cheer seriously. Its something that can take them futher in life than Olympics or full ride for cheerleading. This world as so many outlets for former athletes to contribute to their sport. This isn't about being a sport its about doing what they love.

Not getting fired up over it but honestly those comments about how this isn't a true national and these girls are wasting their time are extremely ignorant. This girls don't want the Olympics. Whose to say every gymnast can get to the olympics? We have worlds and that's what these girls want. NCA is a national. They compete against all the teams in the division. So what they're may not be tweenty teams in the division that just shows how elite the level is. Its no different than Large Senior at worlds. At that level those girls are kids yes, but they take cheer seriously. Its something that can take them futher in life than Olympics or full ride for cheerleading. This world as so many outlets for former athletes to contribute to their sport. This isn't about being a sport its about doing what they love.

I agree with you, but I also agree with them to a point. NCA is not a true nationals in the typical sense of the word - Worlds for us is what Nationals generally is. There should be one national competition - so can't you see how outsiders would be confused that their biggest competition of the year is only against one other team? They competed against more teams in Providence, but somehow Dallas is the biggest one? We understand why Dallas is such a big deal, but to people who aren't familiar with it, it just looks like another competition, but with a better prize.

And their are very few college scholarships, especially full rides, that was mentioned in the article too.

I absolutely love it. I thought it was perfect. The only thing I wasn't big on was Jamie's piece at the beginning. I think it supported the stereotypes that the rest of the video is disproving, and I personally definitely don't cheer to be popular. LOVED the rest.

I enjoyed the video, and the articles. More so because I personally coached some of those girls at a previous gym, and know the families. Regarding the comments, none of them bothered me. It's expected. These are the same people that troll articles on accidents and other horrific stories. Why shouldn't they do the same on this. People outside of our insulated world don't understand us. That's ok. They aren't going to "get" what we do or why we do it. I don't try to convince these people of anything, because it's a waste of my time. They won't ever get it. Until their kid takes up cheer, and they become the crazy cheer parent they have sworn never to become.

Love, love love those Twinkle cuties!!!!!!!!!

As far as the comments - I swear I started to post last week 'PLEASE DON'T READ ANY COMMENTS ON NJ.COM!' I live in Jersey and no matter what the article is about, there is a core group who troll the site to mock and ridicule any article. It doesn't matter if the article is referring to a happy, feel-good story or a tragedy. I've found, the more sad the article, the more venomous the response - which usually turned into a partisan, political debate. I have trained myself to not look at the comments!! Also, in my opinion, if people have a hardened, preconceived notion of all-star cheer, watching on the computer or tv and/or reading an article probably won't change their minds. I don't know, maybe if they saw a competition in person they could be persuaded. My dad, an avid sports enthusiast, and was a fan of all-star cheer from the videos, went to Return to Atlantis with us in Baltimore. He said in all his years he had never experienced anything like it. He was screaming with the rest of us and he was so impressed with the skill level and precisions (which he says over and over and over!) While watching the Olympics, he kept saying, he couldn't understand why cheer wasn't represented and not considered a sport!! So, don't worry about the ignoramuses who post on nj.com because no matter what was portrayed, they would have 'hated it!'

With that said, I thought it was such a well-done documentary. Personally, I could have watched another 6 hours!!! We all know how hard these kids work and how fabulous World Cup and the little Twinkles are!! My favorite part - besides watching their skills - was the two cheer dads! Curling hair and singing cheer mixes - the story of our lives! How awesome was that?! Cheer Dads are the absolute best - it's football season for crying out loud!!! I've seen the Twinkles in person and they are so ridiculously fierce, it's RIDICULOUS! :)

Very impressed with the documentary. I really liked how they showed how hard they work but it also shows how much fun they have doing it. Also enjoyed how it was all about the girls, NO PARENT DRAMA (with the exception of the one who didn't stay on the team). It was refreshing to see something where parents didn't get more into it than the girls themselves.

This is a great documentary. I like the cheer dad article in that the time was taken to spotlight us dads who were every bit into the whole cheer scence as the moms were. While I didn't do the makeup and hair because fortunately, when my CP was younger, she always had a mom or somebody take care of that until she did her own makeup and hair. I did everything else I could and supported her any way I could and I think what my CP liked best was the fact that I learned about the sport of cheerleading and the culture of the sport and could hold a conversation with my CP just as I could talking baseball or football with my son or the guys. I really think she got a kick out of the fact that I could talk to her about 360's and tic-tocs, knew the different skills between all the levels and some of the technical things that cheerleaders do with some level of underestanding.

I know there are many dads in the sport of cheerleading who do/did the same (got actively involved and was very supportive)so it was nice to read an article about the dads. Us dads are sort of the forgotten bunch, or at least the ones who were in the background of all that goes on. But that's OK. I think most dads understand this anyway and are just happy to support their kids in doing something they love so much to do. That tells me that this was a well thought out documentary and the reporters really got all angles about what what it means to have a child in this sport.

As for the nj.com comments. I take those with a grain of salt because many who post negatively on stuff like this are doing nothing more than trolling boards looking to start arguments just to rouse up the board so they're not even worth the effort.

Back