All-Star Documentary On World Cup Twinkles!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I loved watching every single minute of the documentary! Since I coach children in their age it was really interesting to watch and i'll will sure try to get my kids to watch it!!

And most of the comments on the article is just sad. It seems like they haven't even read the article and/or watched the video...

I only just got the time to watch it and I loved it, so so much! I haven't been cheering recently because of illness but I'm determined to go back now :)

I really want their music now, does anyone know if it will be released?

Chasing perfection: A tumble into the world of competitive cheerleading | NJ.com

And scroll down to the bottom of the article, that is the comment section.

:(
Thank you for the links. From reading those comments, it made me sadly realize that to the outside non-competitive cheer world, the Twinkles and Youth Silver are viewed as one and the same. So many of the comments were focused on the uniforms, the makeup and the parents, and not on the skills, drive and determination of these athletes. And when it was focused on the latter, it was that they have let it consume their lives and shouldn't be so dedicated to something at such a young age that does not result in the Olympics or any kind of monetary reward.
As much as I do not agree with the USASF full top/crop top rules, maybe they are on the right track in taking the uniforms out of the equation as what someone first sees (and criticizes) when they look at all-star cheer from an outsider's perspective. The same can be said for the makeup.
The Star-Ledger, again, thank you for the article and the documentary. You have truly done proud the all-star cheer world. We get it, even if those on the outside do not. But then again, judging from their comments, I don't think they would get it no matter what you showed them.
Can't wait to watch Cheer! and read/hear the comments on that one as well.

I just watched the first half and have loved every minute of it. I loved how the girls were still "young at heart" but great athletes as well. I also enjoyed all the parents and how much sacrifice they put into their kids. I really love how they showed the history of world cup as well. Does anyone know if this is just a video only thing, or will it be played on tv?

11448445large.jpg
So proud of my CP and all of the TWINKLES... Thank you Star Ledger for a great story...
You were so funny! My mom was watching with me and she was like, "Who's that freak singing cheer music?" I told her, "It's WCMAN, mom."

Back