All-Star Documentary On World Cup Twinkles!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Very impressed with the documentary. I really liked how they showed how hard they work but it also shows how much fun they have doing it. Also enjoyed how it was all about the girls, NO PARENT DRAMA (with the exception of the one who didn't stay on the team). It was refreshing to see something where parents didn't get more into it than the girls themselves.
Couldn't agree more!! Awesome!!!

Very impressed with the documentary. I really liked how they showed how hard they work but it also shows how much fun they have doing it. Also enjoyed how it was all about the girls, NO PARENT DRAMA (with the exception of the one who didn't stay on the team). It was refreshing to see something where parents didn't get more into it than the girls themselves.

I haven't watched the video yet (about to)...just saw the article on twitter and didn't like how they portrayed certain aspects-the crazy parents as one of them (having to put mats up in the parent's room when they were causing problems, etc). I also didn't like how they made the owner's daughter come off in the article (the pretext of being spoiled, in the spotlight, allowed to do whatever she wants, etc.) And of course the huge oxymoron of the coaches talking about how they prefer safety in routines and will pull something/scale it back, versus someone getting hurt-then having the other coach say "it depends on which bone" being broken as whether or not a girl is "ok" to compete basically.

I'm gonna watch the documentary now-maybe it comes off different than the article.

I haven't watched the video yet (about to)...just saw the article on twitter and didn't like how they portrayed certain aspects-the crazy parents as one of them (having to put mats up in the parent's room when they were causing problems, etc). I also didn't like how they made the owner's daughter come off in the article (the pretext of being spoiled, in the spotlight, allowed to do whatever she wants, etc.) And of course the huge oxymoron of the coaches talking about how they prefer safety in routines and will pull something/scale it back, versus someone getting hurt-then having the other coach say "it depends on which bone" being broken as whether or not a girl is "ok" to compete basically.

I'm gonna watch the documentary now-maybe it comes off different than the article.
The documentary comes across quite different to the article (IMO). I watched the video first and then read the article and thought the same thing when I read the article :)

Is there a better quality video other than the one linked to the paper?

I'm not sure what you may be seeing, but the posted file is very high resolution. I suggest you go straight to Vimeo, and make sure you have HD turned on. There's an icon for that in the lower right of the view screen. If it is blue, you're looking at the HD version.

paste this in your browser ... vimeo.com/47791258

Another problem some people have encountered is lagging download speed. That's due to a lot of people accessing the file at the same time, and of course the internet always slows down in the evening while so many Americans are online. If you are having streaming speed problems, the non-HD option will move faster.

The documentary comes across quite different to the article (IMO). I watched the video first and then read the article and thought the same thing when I read the article :)
I saw the pictures before watching the video (and read the article last.) When I first saw the pictures I was afraid that the focus of the video would be on the owner's daughter, but it definitely was not. I agree the video came across differently and imho better than the article.

Sorry if you were unhappy, but there isn't anything in the story that isn't true, or backed up by the video. Can you accept there are tiny divas, frantic parents and tough coaches? That's what we found.

Sorry if you were unhappy, but there isn't anything in the story that isn't true, or backed up by the video. Can you accept there are tiny divas, frantic parents and tough coaches? That's what we found.
Of course I can (I'm an allstar parent and I'm aware how parents can be)...I'm just expressing my opinion. If it's what you witnessed, I'm not knocking you-it appears it is a very good documentary based on some of the responses I've seen so far. I haven't watched the documentary yet, but I'm going to here in a bit. I only read the article. The opinion I expressed about pushing kids w/injuries wasn't so much about your article as it was/is World Cup's "stance" (so to speak) about making routines easier and taking out harder elements in stunting and tumbling to make it safer, yet pushing athletes with broken bones (depending on which bone of course). It wasn't an attack on your article. I apologize if you took it that way.

Loved this movie! Thank you Star Ledger for finally making a video that concentrated on the kids and talent rather than the drama. We watched it tonight on the big HD tv and it looked amazing!
Mostly thank you for igniting that love of cheer my cp lost months ago. Halfway through she was stretching and pulling positions. Then she did back walkovers. This is a kid that almost threw all of her cheer stuff in the trash because she was so "done". Now she wants to take tumbling classes to "catch up for next season". Thank you for an awesome portrayal of the sport!

Yes! After all..this is all star cheer y'all! There are "divas", crazy parents and tough coaches... And they are one of the strongest programs in the country! With fame comes criticism... That's the nature of the beast. I hear it everyday! This video is real stuff and shows what really goes on for the most part on level 5 teams! This is what the public needs to see.. Not all this parent drama and stupid unrealistic stuff about our sport! We need someone down here to do something like this! Once again, I thought it was awesome!!

Yes! After all..this is all star cheer y'all! There are "divas", crazy parents and tough coaches... And they are one of the strongest programs in the country! With fame comes criticism... That's the nature of the beast. I hear it everyday! This video is real stuff and shows what really goes on for the most part on level 5 teams! This is what the public needs to see.. Not all this parent drama and stupid unrealistic stuff about our sport! We need someone down here to do something like this! Once again, I thought it was awesome!!

The crazy parents are usually the biggest problem when there are problems on a given team. Everyone thinks their kid should be front and center bur realiastically, once the routine starts, everybody moves all over the place so I don't get what the problem is. If the parents check their egos at the door, things could be much smoother.

As for why World Cup is a well run organization, it's simple. Elaine Pascale and Joelle Antico have their hands all over the entire program and expect things done a certain way which includes parents behavior at fundraisers to how the athletes behave when awards are being announced.

When my CP went to World Cup, she went there by herself and introduced herself to the owners and basically, they told her why she came to World Cup. She was looking to be pushed to be the best she can be to be part of something big. Girls aren't pressured at World Cup yet they're driven to strive to be the best they can be. When they go to World Cup, they're already motivated and driven. Especially at the higher levels. Not that all levels athletes aren't driven to gt better but the bar is raised the higher the level you go and with paid worlds bids on the line, it's understandable why the bar is raised high at the L5 and worlds divisions.vThere's no gimmicks with this organization.

Now when dealing with young kids with talent that's usually not mastered until they're in their teens, there's a fine balance in getting them to perform at such a high level because they're capable and need to be pushed a little harder while still remembering they're only 10-12 yr old youths and not 17-18 yr old senior level athletes.

Back