All-Star Documentary On World Cup Twinkles!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Kudos to The Star-Ledger for such a great film piece. Network TV should take lessons from you. I thought from start to finish it was entertaining but also objective, and showed all of the good, and some of the negative of all-star cheer - which IMO is not a bad thing. I have always had the utmost respect for the entire World Cup organization, and seeing how the coaches conduct their practices and handle competitions confirmed my views.
On a side note: I have to laugh at the irony of the title of this documentary, the Twinkles "Chasing Perfection" and tile of TLC's "Cheer Perfection"....seems like it should be the other way around!

I thought that too. Obviously WC and CTR have two different definitions of perfection.

Who won Youth5 in Dallas in 2011? I tried googling...

I believe Cheer Athletics (large) and Stingray Teal (small)

ETA Ashley beat me to it. but this year (2012) was restricted and regular. for 2013 there is only one youth 5 division, but it will be following restricted guidelines

I believe Cheer Athletics (large) and Stingray Teal (small)

ETA Ashley beat me to it. but this year (2012) was restricted and regular. for 2013 there is only one youth 5 division, but it will be following restricted guidelines

I was wondering why Youth Elite wasn't at Dallas!

I have to laugh at the irony of the title of this documentary, the Twinkles "Chasing Perfection" and tile of TLC's "Cheer Perfection"....seems like it should be the other way around!

About that: Finding out what TLC had named their show was a little disconcerting for us, but we like our title and decided to stick with it and let the comparisons fly.

Can someone post a link to the working documentary please? We want to watch it - but I'm seeing a message that says something about an error while loading the video?

Can someone post a link to the working documentary please? We want to watch it - but I'm seeing a message that says something about an error while loading the video?

Use this..
vimeo.com/47791258
There's an icon for HD in the lower right. If it is blue, you are accessing the HD feed, which will be slower. Click on the HD to turn if off and you'll get a faster feed. Hope you like it!

It's an expensive trip. YE went in 2010 and 2012.

Yeah, I just meant that I didn't see them in the video. Twinkles only competed against All-Star Legacy, I was wondering why they weren't competing against YE. Didn't realize YE was in a different division, I thought they just didn't go.

I understand why you would want to watch your CP's practice, but that's not a right. Just because you pay lots of money and drive 2 hours doesn't mean you have a right to watch their practice. And parents making friends with other parents isn't the priority of any gym.

Your CP probably gets upset because she's used to having you there. If it was never an option or she had to get used to no parents viewing, she would probably adjust. As kids tend to do.

I'm not speaking to what style works better. Obviously every gym needs to decide for themselves. And what works for some gyms won't work for others. Maybe CEA has more respectful parents than other gym, I don't know. But if a gym believes "those" parents are becoming a problem, they have every right to close their practice.
When did I say they didn't? In fact, I believe I said the one time we had one it yielded good results. And you hit the nail on the head...what works for some works for others and maybe we have more respectful parents. Regardless, it was the way the OP replied; it was insinuating and accusatory like he/she has a right to speak down to others or determine what/where we should be doing (when as you said, every gym is different). :)

Back