All-Star Documentary On World Cup Twinkles!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

About that: Finding out what TLC had named their show was a little disconcerting for us, but we like our title and decided to stick with it and let the comparisons fly.

Good for you - because trust me having seen both their was nothing favorable about TLC's show - now your documentary that was Perfection. I am very curious though isn't there a law in NJ that kids and front seat passengers/drivers need to wear seat belts - were they really driving the cars ? I am hoping no.

It's true, in New Jersey, everybody must wear a seat belt, no matter where they sit. And are you asking if the children were driving the cars? We didn't see that. Thank God.

It's true, in New Jersey, everybody must wear a seat belt, no matter where they sit. And are you asking if the children were driving the cars? We didn't see that. Thank God.

No not the kids driving, but the kids were not belted and it did not appear that the drivers were either (but could not be 100% on that). It was one of the things my 8 year old pointed out immediately - she was shocked that the girl had on no seat belt. I was pretty sure NJ had a law so I told her maybe they were really not driving (you know car on a trailer or something) which she told me the car is moving mom everyone should have a seatbelt on.

I loved this documentary.... Gave such an accurate glipse to the allstar world.... Kudos to the Star Ledger for this piece.....I can only hope that TLC can take a clue from this piece the next time they do a cheer "reality" Show....

this is perfect! I love it. You should do this for diffrent team every year :)
Funny you say that.
We've already been talking about the sequel:

"Twinkles 2: Electric Boogaloo"
"Twinkles 2: Attack of the Bows"
"Twinkles 2: Tumble with a Vengeance"
"Twinkles 2: The Last Crusade"
"Twinkles 2: Judgment Day"
"Gianna Antico and the Order of the Twinkles"

... and so on.

1. wcdad and his singing <3
2. Also, I loved when Chrissy put the mats up in front of the windows... I wish I could do that every day lol
3. Joelle talking about the Pop Warner team LMAO
4. Am I the only person whose stomach turned a little bit when JP said girls choose cheer because "we're the cool kids"? I don't know that that's the right message for All-Star cheer to be sending. Personally, I've always felt like the thing that sets us apart from school cheer is that we're not made up of just the pretty popular girls. JMO

Extremely well done though:)

Thank you, but I cannot take credit for this article... My CP has not cheered at WC for 3 years now. After 12 years at WC she is now at UoL and Gym Tyme. I still spend time at and support WC but this is just one more of the many Awesome Cheer Dads at WC. WCMAN is the one in the video that is driving singing cheer songs. All of the Cheer Dads out there know about that as I am sure they have all been there done that.

I thought the article was well done and it’s about time that someone got it right. It's not about the drama; it truly is about the kids.

:kiss: Way to go Star Ledger

What an amazing documentary. Just watched it with my youth aged CP and we were both completely engaged for the full hour. It's accurate, inspiring and emotional. We loved it. Thank you for creating and sharing a true representation of Allstar Cheer.

Thanks Andrea from Twinkles...
Apparently my cp has been listening to this song non stop on YouTube because she heard part of it when Andrea was playing it in the bathroom with Gianna

Thanks Twinkles she thinks she is from Jersey | Facebook
She is such a jersey girl in this video lol...

Oh and she convinced her friend they should stretch in the car on the way to practice because Andrea did it

6bc09197-ea7c-3809.jpg

Lol all because this video I thought I would share!

wow! I just watched the documentary and was crying happy tears at the end! The cheer dads made me smile so big with the hair curling and singing to the music <3 I can't wait to let my 9yo CP watch tomorrow!

The part that resonated with me the most was the youth level aspect. CP is a Jr2 cause she's flying and I had some worries about her only having 4 other girls her age on her team, the rest at the other end of the age group. I loved her youth team last year and found it a little hard to "release" her to a junior level team when to me she's still a little girl who's into sleep overs and the Dork Diary series (but who loves to get thrown in the air!)

Well done Star-Ledger!! Well done!

Were you an outsider to all star cheer when you started creating the documentary? If so, were you really shocked throughout the season? Just wondering if you are a new fan because you are on the fierceboard and very invested in your video as you should be!

Those are great questions.
First let me say I am not the filmmaker, the reporter, the photographer. I am an editor at the paper - one of many people involved in this project. My role is developing the tablet app - which we plan to release in a few weeks - that ties all this project in one piece. Another part of my job has been outreach to the cheer nation through Twitter, Facebook and, yup, Fierceboard.
I am also a former sportswriter, and coached my son in soccer for 13 seasons, so I know a little bit about youth sports. I have never encountered anything as intense as the Twinkles. In conversations with the other people on the team - many of them with sports backgrounds - I know that each of us were amazed in ways large and small at different times through the year. But we were all outsiders when the project began.
And, in varying degrees, we are now Twinkle fans.
We are very pleased with the way the project turned out, and very grateful for the kind words and the intense word-of-mouth that spread news of our project around the world. There's a cheer blog in Oslo, Norway writing about Chasing Perfection. How cool is that?

Back