All-Star Does Anyone Ever Get Annoyed By...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Nov 25, 2010
The fact that pretty much every Worlds-bound gym hardly pays attention to the younger teams?
It's almost like the coaches don't really care how the youth 3 team does, as long as the Worlds teams get their bids.
(I'm on a level 5 Worlds team, so no, I'm not just complaining.)

We have been very fortunate that our coaches give equal attention to all of our teams. We are anew gym so we don't have a Worlds team this year but I've been with our coaches for 8 years and I've always felt that they appreciate all of their teams regardless of their level.

We have been very fortunate that our coaches give equal attention to all of our teams. We are anew gym so we don't have a Worlds team this year but I've been with our coaches for 8 years and I've always felt that they appreciate all of their teams regardless of their level.
Thats good:)

**And I'm not talking about the gym I'm affiliated with (CA), I'm talking about some other gyms I know of!**

Well, it's not really that they don't care. I see how dedicated and proud the coaches of the younger teams are at our gym. They just have to work hard and wait a while until the focus is on them. That's true with any sport. JV and varsity teams don't get the same attention. It's the same with elementary to high school to college to PROFESSIONAL team sports. SORT of the same thing, but I know how frustrating it is. Been there, done that...

Our gym gives pretty equal attention to all of the teams and our level 5 team has been going to Worlds for a while.

my gym pays pretty much the same attention to everyone... but that would be annoying. another gym in my area made all the other girls pay for their "worlds" teams bus to go to another comp. and totally ignore the other girls.

The fact that pretty much every Worlds-bound gym hardly pays attention to the younger teams?
It's almost like the coaches don't really care how the youth 3 team does, as long as the Worlds teams get their bids.
smart gyms do make a big deal on the little ones cuz they ARE the future!!!

i'm from TG i was on coed 07-09 and i can recall waking up and watching all our teams even minis at all our competitions! every athlete is just as important as the next no matter what team they are on, especially since they are the future! i can say that i know almost every athlete in our gym because we are all a huge family. your coaches need to realized that. victor even coaches level one, they're the deal!

We're not there anymore, but FAME definitely treats all their teams like they're going to Worlds next week. When my daughter was on their Mini team, she still had 4 real coaches (real as in not just someone's mom, like at her first gym), the owner came in during their practices (which my cp loved--she thought she was so cool anytime someone there said "Hi" to her
smile.png
), and they got to participate in everything. I never felt like they were "ignored" at all.

But I can also see where you're coming from--this is very similar to my earlier complaints that some of the gyms I've called to sign my daughters up immediately lost interest as soon as I told them "No, they're not tumblers...they're just girls who love cheering...with a mom who apparently loves spending money". I definitely felt like since my kids weren't going to get them a Worlds bid at their next comp they weren't interested. Not good business in my opinion, but what do I know...

I absolutely agree with all of this, those Mini Level 1's are your Level 5's in 6 or 8 years. Even the older lower levels- a Senior 2 can be a great place to train newer older girls who can possibly move up to stunt well on a 3 or 4 team the following season.

How about gyms that refuse to put out those older, lower levels? I could never understand this at my past gym. They made TWO large senior 3 teams one season, because one was a half year. They absolutely said they refused to put out a Senior Level 2, because it was "too easy" and the kids wouldn't be into it. Yeah, I wasn't really into the fact that we had to split the Large 3 division at every competition just so we didn't have to compete against our own gym. Like, come on guys. Just put the kids where their skills fit in. I'd rather have had them split those into a beast Small Senior 1, Small Senior 2, and Small Senior 3. I would have had a Small Senior 3 with SQUAD combination tucks and standing triple bhs.... ugh 5 years ago and I'm still bitter lol

Same with Junior 1. I LOVE THAT DIVISION, and some gyms refuse to have them because they feel like they're good enough to work the level one kids into higher routines. CJA just added a Junior 1, and they are KILLING IT this year. World Cup has just this year added a Youth 1 to their program, and they're cute:) I think Stingrays are a great example to follow, in general- strong and appropriately aged lower levels in addition to their Worlds teams. It certainly appears that they spend an equal amount of time with all teams, but I'm not from there so I wouldn't know:)

I absolutely agree with all of this, those Mini Level 1's are your Level 5's in 6 or 8 years. Even the older lower levels- a Senior 2 can be a great place to train newer older girls who can possibly move up to stunt well on a 3 or 4 team the following season.

How about gyms that refuse to put out those older, lower levels? I could never understand this at my past gym. They made TWO large senior 3 teams one season, because one was a half year. They absolutely said they refused to put out a Senior Level 2, because it was "too easy" and the kids wouldn't be into it. Yeah, I wasn't really into the fact that we had to split the Large 3 division at every competition just so we didn't have to compete against our own gym. Like, come on guys. Just put the kids where their skills fit in. I'd rather have had them split those into a beast Small Senior 1, Small Senior 2, and Small Senior 3. I would have had a Small Senior 3 with SQUAD combination tucks and standing triple bhs.... ugh 5 years ago and I'm still bitter lol

Same with Junior 1. I LOVE THAT DIVISION, and some gyms refuse to have them because they feel like they're good enough to work the level one kids into higher routines. CJA just added a Junior 1, and they are KILLING IT this year. World Cup has just this year added a Youth 1 to their program, and they're cute:) I think Stingrays are a great example to follow, in general- strong and appropriately aged lower levels in addition to their Worlds teams. It certainly appears that they spend an equal amount of time with all teams, but I'm not from there so I wouldn't know:)

Dislike!! Senior level 2 is my favorite division to watch :( Some of those teams are PHENOMINAL. Clean routine, solid stunts and they have the BEST creativity! I could watch those teams all day long!

at our gym our little teams get just as much attention as our worlds team(my team). before competitions our whole gym gets together and has a mini showcase so all teams feel good about the weekend. our coaches go through warm ups with every team but our worlds team. sometimes we have multiple teams practicing in our 2 gyms so our coaches will trust us to lead practice. i think its great because we know if we want to get to worlds, we will have to put in the effort to work for it, not just have the coaches hold our hand. and the younger teams do really well also and have won a lor which will make them a super next generation of level 5 athletes!

I don't dispute your opinion that some do this, but it's difficult to say that almost all of them do. I know of plenty of examples besides the ones already mentioned that care about all of their athletes.

Back