All-Star Does Execution Matter?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

King

Is all about that bass
Staff member
FBOD:LLFB
Dec 4, 2009
Were gonna start talking about universal scoresheets this summer because we have one coming up soon.

Does execution in cheerleading matter? If so, does each skill require its own difficulty and execution score?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

After watching teams that won worlds or made it to day 2 with very poor execution its seems that it dosent matter anymore....And it really makes no sense to me....

Should it matter though? If one team throws squad doubles but they are all janky and one throws squad fulls but they are textbook who should win?

as a mom who's cp's team got 2nd twice to teams with inferior execution (but otherwise going undefeated) i will bias-ly say YES execution does matter. i also think that it should weigh as much as difficulty. i CRINGE when i see poorly executed anything...and fear for the safety of those athletes.
and there is nothing more exciting to watch than a cleanly hit routine, no matter how difficult.

I think execution does matter. Using your example, nothing is worse then watching a team throw doubles and they don't even look good or they barely land them. I'd rather see a team with perfect fulls then one with ugly doubles.

I think execution SHOULD matter, most definitely. As to how much, I can't accurately say, nor do I believe I'd have the right answer even if I did. I think it should matter more than it does, but I don't know if it should factor more into the scoring or if into stricter penalties, or if it's somewhere in between.

Execution definatly should matter. SAFETY being the main reason. A janked up double or wobble stunt leads to greater risk of injury to the athlete. Executuion should affect 3 sections of the score sheet. Skill, Executuion and performance. You shouldn't rec'd full credit for the skill performed, if u didn't execute it well - executuion score should be lower and because of the poor execution it would make your routine look sloppier. Give me perfect fulls over janked up - piked over doubles anytime.

It SHOULD matter. Executing a skill correctly should count just as much as simply doing it. Sometimes I have seen judges do this. For example a judge this season didn't count some of our layouts because the girl's legs were not completely straight. When execution doesn't count it encourages people to throw shaky skills cause "who cares if it's ugly, you did it"

Can a scoresheet that has one one score.... One category for a skill accurately measure execution and difficulty? For instance Cheersports scoreshret doesn't seperate the two. It just has 20 points for stunts. How does a team that does less skill but executes well seperate themselves from a team that does really hard stuff janky?

@kingston

your questions are going to go no where. NO ONE on here is gonna say that they think that execution should not matter. people bring up the SAME topics of safety, progression, etc. everyone is gonna support execution along with difficulty with it in some form.

this relates to the score sheet as well, NO ONE knows how the judges look at it and combine it, if they are not separated into their own categories, then everyone is going to do it different and its impossible for there to be a universal way unless its on the score sheet itself. we are all human. we do not think a like or use the same mindset.

also, if you are gonna keep asking questions and posting threads, post what you PERSONALLY think too. * stop just starting the fire and watching it burn. put your OWN input in the beginning as well.

- lol

Posting my opinion doesn't matter because this isn't about what just I think. That would be a news article someone would read, not a discussion. By asking questions I want to see what answer everyone else arrives at.

Only by thinking do we make progress. Most people do not blindly follow what they are told.

Back