All-Star Does The Majors Outshine Jamfest Sn?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The 'Cheerlebrity' phenomenom was inevitable. Especially considering how tied to social media our industry is (hello Fierce Boards), youth sports always put some of its star athletes center stage. We can point to Holden for having a 'manager' on Twitter, but I would argue that Fierceboard has played a larger role by giving Gabby Butler's cheer career it's own thread.

I don't think Majors promotes Cheerlebrities, but I do think it promotes some of the mega-gyms--and I don't know that it's a bad thing. Every industry needs its leaders/spokemodels that stand out that others aspire to.

Interesting to hear your perspective. I think cheerleading is extremely unique compared to other sports because the high school version (aka allstar) is the pinnacle. Not that college cheerleading isn't great but I rarely heard people in an allstar environment talk about college cheerleading... ever (and there are no college cheerlebrities.. that is where most of them go to disappear when done). So we have a massively popular high school sport looking for our heroes and now the social media vehicle to make it a possibility. Were a bit upside down in that way.

Ryan Martin/Alabama is a college cheer Cheerlebrity. She hung the moon as far as I'm concerned.

Possibly, but she doesn't have a fan website, clothing line, interviews, in a web series. She was on TV but it was in high school, yes? I would say most of her cheerlebrity was in high school with Dunbar. Or maybe its just not the same cheerlebrity as allstar can produce.

Possibly, but she doesn't have a fan website, clothing line, interviews, in a web series. She was on TV but it was in high school, yes? I would say most of her cheerlebrity was in high school with Dunbar. Or maybe its just not the same cheerlebrity as allstar can produce.
Give me some more time and I'll think of someone that'll prove you wrong, Awkwardly Smart Fierceboard Admin Guy!

Give me some more time and I'll think of someone that'll prove you wrong, Awkwardly Smart Fierceboard Admin Guy!

TBH I actually want to be wrong on this one. I want college to be the best cheerleading, the pinnacle, and the place for cheerlebrities to come from and college get bigger.

Back