High School Does This Pyramid Look Like The Spotter/ Base Releases?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 18, 2015
so when checking for legality I got that it looks as though the spotter/ base releases grip for the prone to full up, thus making the last twisting transition illegal. However she does not release her grip.. And I'm trying to figure out what it looks like to you all? Should we even use it? I'm going to refilm it... Thoughts? Thanks
P.S. There is a strip mat

P.s. By even use it.. I mean the "idea of it"... Obviously .. If it's not legal, we don't use it... I mean... The general combination.. And if we have to modify, any ideas without compromising counts.

From the video it is very hard to see that the back spot and flyer stayed in contact. I replayed it a couple of times and finally saw the connection. Unless there was a way to make the connection between back spot and flyer appear more deliberate I'd suggest changing it to save yourself from future arguments with judges. Is there there anyway they could full up from a flat back after the first inversion and use the x out inversion as a dismount. *After the flat back the main base would grab the right foot and full it up from there.

From the video it is very hard to see that the back spot and flyer stayed in contact. I replayed it a couple of times and finally saw the connection. Unless there was a way to make the connection between back spot and flyer appear more deliberate I'd suggest changing it to save yourself from future arguments with judges. Is there there anyway they could full up from a flat back after the first inversion and use the x out inversion as a dismount. *After the flat back the main base would grab the right foot and full it up from there.
Not a bad suggestion.. However.. This is an ending pyramid.. And we are trying not to dismount from the X out. In the beginning of this build up into the 1/4 Arabian she dismounts out of a pancake to get into the switched arm position for the beginning of this...

Not a bad suggestion.. However.. This is an ending pyramid.. And we are trying not to dismount from the X out. In the beginning of this build up into the 1/4 Arabian she dismounts out of a pancake to get into the switched arm position for the beginning of this...
What if from the the pancake they popped up into a half and immediately power pressed a full up to lib? Its essentially the same exact skills being done just changing the order a little bit. The connection is much more visible if the full up from the half versus the pancake.

* ETA From the pancake she is tossed (while back spot holds onto her ankles) to a half and immediately fulls around to the the lib.

What if from the the pancake they popped up into a half and immediately power pressed a full up to lib? Its essentially the same exact skills being done just changing the order a little bit. The connection is much more visible if the full up from the half versus the pancake.
That just gave me the most amazing visual, I love it!

* ETA From the pancake she is tossed (while back spot holds onto her ankles) to a half and immediately fulls around to the the lib.
Oh wow.. This sounds fabulous... Monday we will try

My first time watching, it looked like it was released. After my second & third time I could see the connection when I really knew when & where I was looking. If you leave it in, I would keep my email stating "legal" handy to show anyone questioning it.

What if when they caught the X out to prone, they immediately front flipped her up to prep level. No extra dips, just absorb and toss. Then from the prep they could full up to lib. There is a lot of down time to get that full up grip as it is. Not sure if those are the real counts or if you were just making it fit with the cheer.

Is this the entire pyramid, or is there more we aren't seeing?

What if when they caught the X out to prone, they immediately front flipped her up to prep level. No extra dips, just absorb and toss. Then from the prep they could full up to lib. There is a lot of down time to get that full up grip as it is. Not sure if those are the real counts or if you were just making it fit with the cheer.

Is this the entire pyramid, or is there more we aren't seeing?
This is not the entire pyramid ... (There is a lot of build up into it) yes, the hold time was to accommodate the cheer. I do like your idea of flipping right back from the X out...
I'm with everyone... And this is why I asked...I don't want every judge to be focusing on the legality of my routine rather than the content and I most certainly don't want to have to worry about having to convince anyone of its legitimacy. It needs to be obvious it's correct. I more or less needed to know if it was something that I just needed to re film, re do... Or make adjustments to all together :)

This is not the entire pyramid ... (There is a lot of build up into it)
Got it. If it was the whole pyramid, my suggestion was to flip the middle girl back up to prep, and then have the side groups do something. That way all the groups had difficulty in them, not just one.

The prone full up you have is beautiful. I always like pushing that gray area! That's where you get the creative and different things that set your team apart. It can be challenging to make sure they're not seen as illegal though! If you want to stick with that idea, and make it more obvious, then my first thought is to make the backspot more visible. The way to do that is to turn it to the side or the front. Then you could do 1.5 or 1.25 up instead. It would have to be played with, but putting the backspot and flyer grip more to the front could make the connection seen better. Just some ideas. My other thought would be if the main or side base could be the contact instead of the back. You'll have to show us whatever you end up coming up with!

Got it. If it was the whole pyramid, my suggestion was to flip the middle girl back up to prep, and then have the side groups do something. That way all the groups had difficulty in them, not just one.

The prone full up you have is beautiful. I always like pushing that gray area! That's where you get the creative and different things that set your team apart. It can be challenging to make sure they're not seen as illegal though! If you want to stick with that idea, and make it more obvious, then my first thought is to make the backspot more visible. The way to do that is to turn it to the side or the front. Then you could do 1.5 or 1.25 up instead. It would have to be played with, but putting the backspot and flyer grip more to the front could make the connection seen better. Just some ideas. My other thought would be if the main or side base could be the contact instead of the back. You'll have to show us whatever you end up coming up with!
It goes inversions (all three groups facing in) pop up into preps (outsides show n go to full arounds set for grasp of arms) middle goes full 360 down to prep pancake out- re load backward in a crossed arm position for that Arabian. Yea... I really love the prone to that lib too... But the suggestions here have been great... I have to make it obvious there's no release... Tomorrow just have to re work. I may have to buy 4 counts from my dance to make some stuff work... UGH my brain

Back