All-Star Does Your Gym Have Ac?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The gym I used to train in in Leeds, UK did not have ac, rather more a heat cannon was needed in the winter to warm the place up!...

I've never had a gym that had A/C, but after going to a camp at a gym that did actually have air conditioning, I didn't like it. As much as being DRENCHED in sweat at the end of practice or tumbling SUCKS, it makes me feel like I'm actually working hard, even though you sweat by just standing in our gym. The only thing that gets in the way is stunting, everything slips. A bunch of people on my team bring towels they use to wipe themselves and the group off. I guess it's all perspective.

Thank goodness CA has a A/C. Right now w/ 20+ days of straight 100+ temp days there would be athletes in there passed out. There are no doors to open to get enough air in there to even halfway cool it down or to get ventilation. It's already warm in there right now as it is with the high temps. I can't even imagine how much like a hot oven it would be without A/C. They would be better off practicing outside if that were the case. YIKES!

Thank goodness CA has a A/C. Right now w/ 20+ days of straight 100+ temp days there would be athletes in there passed out. There are no doors to open to get enough air in there to even halfway cool it down or to get ventilation. It's already warm in there right now as it is with the high temps. I can't even imagine how much like a hot oven it would be without A/C. They would be better off practicing outside if that were the case. YIKES!

We actually have heavy-duty vents in the ceiling and some hidden garage doors we could use if need be. Even then, it would still be brutal in there and would seriously affect what we could do safely. We keep it in the mid 70s, and we can still work up a pretty good sweat.

In my 12 year cheer career I had never cheered at a gym that had air until this year, HotCheer has it. I can not tell any difference between having it and not having it. I am old and coming out of retirement from two knee surgeries and I am dieing hot and sweating either way.

Back