All-Star Do's And Don't S Of Worlds 2012!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Can someone do a "do's" and "donts" for trading at Worlds? :) I don't really know how to approach people, but I REALLY want to trade! :)
If you see someone walking around with a shirt you want just go up to them and ask if they want to trade don't follow them around also don't offer a Shooting Star $100.00 for their worlds shirt.

Can someone do a "do's" and "donts" for trading at Worlds? :) I don't really know how to approach people, but I REALLY want to trade! :)
Definitely not an experienced trader here, but ...
  1. Trade Early! If you wait to get your nerve up then people will have already made their trades and have nothing left.
  2. Know the value of what you are trading and what you should be able to trade it for (e.g., do you have a used one-color t-shirt printed on one side or do you have a new multi-color tshirt with designs on both front and back).
  3. Don't assume someone else is automatically making a fair trade with you. Take time to look over the shirt you are trading for. Look at the front and the back and make sure it is in good condition.
  4. Realize people may be heading to a team meeting or be short on time for some other reason ... don't be discouraged if someone says no or not now.

DO bring enough stuff to trade
DONT hesitate to come up to me and ask my help with translations. I speak 5 languages (english, dutch, german, french and spanish) and I'll be happy to help anyone out to communicate with the international teams:)

What country are you from? What team are you competing with?

It'll be my first year & I have some questions because I am freaking out!
1. I'll only be going for the 29th (saving money & prom is on the 27th), what time should I try to get there & buy my ticket?
2. How much are tickets & can I buy online? & Does the ticket get me into the field house & Jostens? Or is that extra?
3. I want to buy a Fierceboard shirt & wear it but i'm nervous that i'll be rejected from the section :( lol
4. Any good tips on organizing where all I have to be to watch my favorite teams? (moving from center to center)
I know I have more questions but i'll keep it to four for now :p

smileAshlen

1. We have bought our tickets Saturday morning around 7am the past two years with no issues.
2. Tickets are $25 per day and you cannot buy them online. The ticket will give you access to both the Milkhouse and Jostens. You are free to go back and forth as you please.
3. Can't help you here- we didn't sit in the section last year!
4. Park it.. I don't reccomend going back and forth.

smileAshlen

1. We have bought our tickets Saturday morning around 7am the past two years with no issues.
2. Tickets are $25 per day and you cannot buy them online. The ticket will give you access to both the Milkhouse and Jostens. You are free to go back and forth as you please.
3. Can't help you here- we didn't sit in the section last year!
4. Park it.. I don't reccomend going back and forth.
Thank you so much! But how do they separate the divisions? Are large in one place or is it just random? Is the Milkhouse & Jostens the only places that are being used? I have like major OCD about things being super planned & organized so sorry for the questions :p I of course want to see Large AG & Coed & small coed for sure so I hope those are all in one place..

Thank you so much! But how do they separate the divisions? Are large in one place or is it just random? Is the Milkhouse & Jostens the only places that are being used? I have like major OCD about things being super planned & organized so sorry for the questions :p I of course want to see Large AG & Coed & small coed for sure so I hope those are all in one place..
I think only the milkhouse is being used on sunday.

- If you have an iPhone buy one of the phone covers that acts as a battery it's the perfect back up and your phone will never die.

Where do I get one of those? Never heard of that! Would love to keep my phone alive during competitions!
I just got one in the mail. I bought it on Amazon thanks to this thread. So I charge the iphone inside the charger case and the iphone will last for hours? So excited so THANK YOU for the tip!

Do most people just sit on the floor or is there enough seating for majority of the spectators?

Not sure where to ask this so I will throw it in here. This year my uncle is taking me to greece as a graduation present. I am extremely excited but we are leaving the same weekend as worlds, therefore, I cant go down to florida. Does anyone know if verizon has good service/internet in the greek islands? because I will not make it 10 days without knowing if shooting stars hit each day and if they won worlds haha
We were there last summer - quite terrific so have fun. I never tried to use my phone. Use your computer - don't turn on roaming on your phone or it will cost you a fortune to find out if Stars hit! :)

Back