All-Star Drinking Pictures On Fb?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Such a thoroughly modern response.
thats just how i see things. i went to a private christian school who tried to control everything i did. it pushed me away to where now i just have a different point of view.

i have given this a lot of thought but do you guys think probation for practice and competitions would be better then kicking them off as a whole?

What gets me more is when I see my cp's coaches drunk pictures on facebook. Anyone ever been to a comp in Las Vegas? Sometimes they have open bars for the coaches and they then take their drinks to warmups.
oh and dont get me started on one las vegas competition it made me ill seeing some coaches lounging around drinking like slobs in the bars at the hotel me and a TON of other teams had competed at and were staying at

SuzyB said:
What gets me more is when I see my cp's coaches drunk pictures on facebook. Anyone ever been to a comp in Las Vegas? Sometimes they have open bars for the coaches and they then take their drinks to warmups.

I would never work with children while under the influence. I could not imagine not being 100% ready, prepared and focused. What the hell is wrong with these people?

And this is what drives me crazy about these types of threads. You've now completely twisted the entire situation just to try and make your point. The OP said NOTHING about anybody coming to practice hungover. Coming to a practice hungover/high/etc. and endangering the lives of other athletes is so substantially different from an athlete going to a party on friday night and coming to practice sunday completely sober. You guys wanna know what else "hurts" a gym and their image? When a coach can't keep a team together because they're kicking athletes off left and right because some of their athletes are doing what 88% (you can fact check me, b/c that statistic is correct) of American high schoolers have done.

We live in a changing society, and modern day technology, especially online social networking, can be a PITA to deal with sometimes. It has it's pros and cons, and this is obviously a con. Do you honestly feel that kicking off athletes, which will ultimately make the entire team suffer, is the best solution?

My whole thing is, cheerleading for some people is their only positive thing in their life. What happens if yes an athlete messes up and finally gives into the peer pressure, drinks, gets caught and is off the team. If thats their only positive outlet, what are they going to turn to now?

this. SO MUCH. Or, what about that child that has no real guidance from their parents, and DOES get into drugs/sex/alcohol at an extremely early age? I can think of at least 3 girls off the top of my head like this, and cheer and the coaches are THE best influences in their lives. I talk to them as much as I can about cutting the crap, but ya know, I would NEVER want them kicked them off the team because they need that positive environment. The gym is a clean place for them, and when they're there, it's a few hours that I KNOW they aren't doing something dumb or putting their health at risk. But they do know better than do to anything like that in uniform.

this. SO MUCH. Or, what about that child that has no real guidance from their parents, and DOES get into drugs/sex/alcohol at an extremely early age? I can think of at least 3 girls off the top of my head like this, and cheer and the coaches are THE best influences in their lives. I talk to them as much as I can about cutting the crap, but ya know, I would NEVER want them kicked them off the team because they need that positive environment. The gym is a clean place for them, and when they're there, it's a few hours that I KNOW they aren't doing something dumb or putting their health at risk. But they do know better than do to anything like that in uniform.
Thank you thats what I keep thinking, I wasnt a bad kid by any means. But my senior year of high school I went through some really rough times especially when both my parents lost their jobs at the same time. Honestly I can say that if it wasnt for me being able to get away and go to the gym where I could get away from everything else going wrong in my life I am not sure what I would have done.

Question. For those saying that the gym shouldn't kick them off the team but get them help, what should the gym do? Should they sit that athlete down and talk to them about it? Advise them to make sure pictures don't get posted? Tell them not to drink or tell their parents? It's an illegal activity, but how would you suggest handling the situation then.

Question. For those saying that the gym shouldn't kick them off the team but get them help, what should the gym do? Should they sit that athlete down and talk to them about it? Advise them to make sure pictures don't get posted? Tell them not to drink or tell their parents? It's an illegal activity, but how would you suggest handling the situation then.
Some parents sadly don't have an issue with drinking, so I not sure how much telling the parents would help. Especially considering the fact that if the coaches have seen the pictures, them im sure the parents have seen the pictures. Most parents these days have facebooks, and if the parents dont im sure their parents friends do. I feel like there should be some sort of punishment but also maybe support, if the parents dont care then maybe the coaches need to sit down and tell them how dissapointing it is, and how even if their parents dont care it still makes the athlete look bad.

Latest posts

Back