Driving To Cheerleading Practice 2 Hours Away...?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think you are misunderstanding what I am saying. I am not old enough to drive.
I def misunderstood, when your original post said you could drive straight from school, I thought you meant literally that you would be driving yourself. I would still recommend you look for carpool options, since your mom might be more willing if she could share the driving with other parents. Good Luck!

I drive my cp 2.5 hrs each way to practice for her to cheer at her "favorite team". This is the end of our second season. The first season I did it alone. It was soooo hard! I didn't want to pull her after she already started.... who wants to dissapoint a kid?
Season two we were able to get in a carpool and it was managable.
It doesn't seem so bad but trust me it is. Especially if your mom works. Its like putting in another full time day after you have already finished work. I was always tired and lathargic and run down. The driver doesn't get to fall asleep! Depending where you live weather/traffic becomes a factor...and could cause several more hours in the car. The gas/tolls were also wayyy more than the actual tuition.... A hard nut to crack! I would call thr gym or try to recruit some kids from your area to form a carpool!
good luck

yes I did misunderstand. When you said that you'd drive straight from school, I thought you would be driving.
I def misunderstood, when your original post said you could drive straight from school, I thought you meant literally that you would be driving yourself. I would still recommend you look for carpool options, since your mom might be more willing if she could share the driving with other parents. Good Luck!

Sorry, my bad haha, I should've worded it a little diffrently. But thank you for your tips! :)

I drive my cp 2.5 hrs each way to practice for her to cheer at her "favorite team". This is the end of our second season. The first season I did it alone. It was soooo hard! I didn't want to pull her after she already started.... who wants to dissapoint a kid?
It doesn't seem so bad but trust me it is. Especially if your mom works. Its like putting in another full time day after you have already finished work. I was always tired and lathargic and run down. The driver doesn't get to fall asleep! Depending where you live weather/traffic becomes a factor...and could cause several more hours in the car. The gas/tolls were also wayyy more than the actual tuition.... A hard nut to crack! I would call thr gym or try to recruit some kids from your area to form a carpool!
good luck

I will get a car pool definetly!! And my mom doesnt work, but I know the drive will still be very rough. Thank you for your tips!!:)

you should try to see if any other girls from your area are making the commute to the gym as well. this could save gas money

For two years, I drove 2 hours to practice and 2 hours home, 4-5 times a week. But, it was what worked for me and was the best experience I could have ever asked for.
Once you do it a few times, the drive becomes nothing... I knew that route like the back of my hand, and I knew where I needed to be at exactly what time unless I wanted to be late. It made me appreciate music, and I got really close to lots of friends... They all knew that from 9:30-11:30pm I would be driving, and would call to keep me company. If it's the gym you want to be at and the people you want to work with, you can make it work!
For two years, I drove 2 hours to practice and 2 hours home, 4-5 timet, it was what worked for me and was the best experience I could have ever asked for.
Once you do it a few times, the drive becomes nothing... I knew that route like the back of my hand, and I knew where I needed to be at exactly what time unless I wanted to be late. It made me appreciate music, and I got really close to lots of friends... They all knew that from 9:30-11:30pm I would be driving, and would call to keep me company. If it's the gym you want to be at and the people you want to work with, you can make it work!
I had this exact same experience with a killer commute to my cp's old gym. The first season seemed easy, bu
good luck
I had the exact experience you did with my cp's former gym. The first season wasn't bad. The second season was killer! The experience was amazing for my cp. The gas was unreal. It would cost me 60-80 dollars per trip in gas getting her to practice. I would sometimes end up spending 18 hours a week DRIVING at late hours of the night. I encourage anyone to pursue their dreams. Sometimes that involves going some distance. I just think there are so many things to think about before making such a time and money consuming commitment. Best of luck with whatever you decide!

Hi:) Anyways I am switching gyms this year, my cheer team does not have a Senior 2 team, and that is the skill level I am on this year:) Well, I want to cheer for my FAVORITE team of all time, it has been my dream to cheer for them for such a long time, but the new gym is 1 hr and 57 minutes away. I can drive straight from school to cheer practice, and I told my mom I am willing to pay gas money, but my mom is still not convinced . She doesn't really understand, but the only other teams around my area are not good gyms and don't place too well at competitions. How can I convince my mom to let me cheer for this team? Sorry this is so long. :)
What gym is it? I was the same way when my parents were making me leave my old gym. My old gym was about a 10-15 minute drive. To get to my new gym, we literally have to pass my old gym on the way there. Its almost a 35-40 minute drive. I know it's not a 2.5 hour drive, but still- its a big difference. I would just try and explain to her how much better the team is than where you currently are.
Oh and Im also senior 2...look out for carolina spirit athletics! ;) (and senior 4)

I drive my daughter 2 hours to practice. It's worth it if you like the gym and you're happy with the team you are on

Next season im gonna be driving 1.5 to practice from college but only once a week right now i only have a 5minute drive but i think you should do whatever you want to be happy nobody wants to cheer for a team they're not happy on.

Back