OT Driving

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
My car window broke... It fell off the track when I was rolling it down and when it fell off the track it shattered. Just my luck

How does leasing a car work?

you sign an agreed upon contract with the dealer... something along the lines of 10,000 - 20,000 miles a year and there is a monthly lease payment, which is usually less than a car payment if you were buying. if you go over the miles, there is a fee like $1 a mile over or something that quickly adds up. the average length of time of a lease is 2 years, but you can do more or less. at the end of the term, you give the car back and are carless, or you can choose to "buy out" the car for a price the dealer decides. or lease a new car, and start the cycle over again.

in my opinion, i would never lease a car unless you absolutely had to. my sister leased a car and put $3000 down, so her payment was only $100 a month. great. but her lease is over soon and she will either have to buy the car, lease a new one, or have no car. the buy out quote is way higher than the car is actually worth now.

i put down $2000 on a brand new car. my monthly payment is $250, but in 3 years i own my car.

sometimes, you have to lease. i know. if money is tight, it's a cheaper monthly payment. but it's a never ending cycle. if you can buy, i recommend it. i plan on keeping my car as long as it will run, so in 3 years it will not cost a thing, other than normal maintenance.

Back