All-Star Ducktv Highlight Video Of Acro & Tumbling For 10-11 Season

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

so when i asked my question from above it didnt show me the comments everyone had posted until AFTER i posted mine. but anywho..

Can i just say in the "gynastics" acro competition i would have broken my all my limbs trying to do those 3 high skills "pyramid type" of stunts! TALENTED GROUP OF KIDS!

what kind of tournament/competition is this.. it looks like something ive never seen and heard of! what does this involve? i saw maryland so im assuming its some type of comp. and looks like ducks won!

i remember seeing ducks live i liived for them!

This was a highlight video of the whole season focusing on the National Championship. Very historical as it is the first nationals held by NCAA member institutions as a sport NOT an activity or ran by for profit companies.

I loved this video! Is this STUNT or something different? Ive herd around that All-star Cheerleading would be recognized as Acrobatics & Tumbling if it ever became an Olympic sport .. or something like that .. but don't quote me on it. ;)

I loved this video! Is this STUNT or something different? Ive herd around that All-star Cheerleading would be recognized as Acrobatics & Tumbling if it ever became an Olympic sport .. or something like that .. but don't quote me on it. ;)

These are NCATA athletes who are on athletic scholarship at their university. This is the sport format of the gymnastic skill sets of cheerleading: acrobatics and tumbling. Last season 185 new female athletes were given the collegiate varsity sport experience and their sole/only purpose was to compete.

To learn more go to www.thencata.org

STUNT is different, it takes existing sidelines teams who go to NCA Nationals and they compete in USA Cheer's version of the sport format as well as NCA's traditional 2.5 minute routine nationals.

Exciting time for the industry.

These are NCATA athletes who are on athletic scholarship at their university. This is the sport format of the gymnastic skill sets of cheerleading: acrobatics and tumbling. Last season 185 new female athletes were given the collegiate varsity sport experience and their sole/only purpose was to compete.

To learn more go to www.thencata.org

STUNT is different, it takes existing sidelines teams who go to NCA Nationals and they compete in USA Cheer's version of the sport format as well as NCA's traditional 2.5 minute routine nationals.

Exciting time for the industry.
Oh wow. Thank you for clearing it up! I think both of these are great new ways to get cheerleading out of it's stereotype and into a good light. I hope that my school (Oklahoma State) joins NCATA soon, I would be all over that :)

Oh wow. Thank you for clearing it up! I think both of these are great new ways to get cheerleading out of it's stereotype and into a good light. I hope that my school (Oklahoma State) joins NCATA soon, I would be all over that :)

They would need an all girl team first which I would love to see from OSU.

I wasn't able to watch the video during the day as I was in work but I thought it was acrobatic gymnastics and was really excited to see it :(
I'm still confused as to how they can call it acro though since that already exists and is a recognised discipline in gymnastics but I like it anyway.
In my head acro is still a gymnastics thing though, well it better be or my coaching hours will be greatly reduced.
This is a promo video from our last acrobatic competition if anyone is confused about what I'm talking about

Ok thank you! I finally watched it (before I read your post) and I was like "uh, that's not acro". Thanks for posting a video of real acro.
The oregon girls did great tho. They looked mean. And kind of mad.

And obviously Oregon feels they give them an advantage, I know they are not wearing them for style points. :) I have heard athletes make positive comments about better gripping.

I heard the shoes they have aren't particularly kind to the bases hands so they wear gloves for protection? Or something like that...

I heard the shoes they have aren't particularly kind to the bases hands so they wear gloves for protection? Or something like that...
Has nothing to do with the shoes, they were made by Nike especially for the movements executed in our sport.

Back