All-Star Encore San Diego

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Six teams is the smallest division for our gym, but most have 9-10 teams. I am not sure how that compares because we didn't go to this competition last year. There are quite a few gyms going that I have never heard of or we didn't compete against at all this year.
What level?

I miss read your post sorry! Can you please tell me youth 2 division(small) how many teams and also approx time it starts. Thank you

Our gym doesn't give us competition times until the final schedule is out, just check-in times for each team. Our gym's check-in time for that team is 10:45, so I am guessing they compete around noon? It looks like there are nine teams. My best guess is that the division starts sometime between 10:30am and noon. That probably does not help much. Your gym should have a tentative schedule by now.

Our gym doesn't give us competition times until the final schedule is out, just check-in times for each team. Our gym's check-in time for that team is 10:45, so I am guessing they compete around noon? It looks like there are nine teams. My best guess is that the division starts sometime between 10:30am and noon. That probably does not help much. Your gym should have a tentative schedule by now.
Thank you so much!!!!!

We went last year, and I mostly just remember every Cali team that ever existed being there. It was basically a Cali showcase LOL
Pretty much. Not as many Cali teams with no Ontario, Mesa or Livermore. Las Vegas I'm not sure. And that leaves only Ventura and
San Marcos.

Am I the only one that thought this comp was at the Convention Center? I just figured out last night it is at SDSU Viejas. Apparently I have completely checked out for the rest of the season. :confused: But luckily we leave really close to SDSU.

Am I the only one that thought this comp was at the Convention Center? I just figured out last night it is at SDSU Viejas. Apparently I have completely checked out for the rest of the season. :confused: But luckily we leave really close to SDSU.

It was at SDSU last year too, which totally blows. The cc is so much better for people in terms of eating and places to relax right across the street. Not to mention the venue at the school is pretty awful. Those stairs are going to give someone a heart attack! I wish they would go back to the convention center.

It was at SDSU last year too, which totally blows. The cc is so much better for people in terms of eating and places to relax right across the street. Not to mention the venue at the school is pretty awful. Those stairs are going to give someone a heart attack! I wish they would go back to the convention center.

I really dislike Viejas, too. The food options in the arena are awful and there is nothing within walking distance. Last time we went to a comp there I parked myself near the top of the stairs and didn't move the whole time. And I didn't let my clumsy CP go down the stairs until awards.

It was at the convention center the year before last, right?

Last edited:
I really dislike Viejas, too. The food options in the arena are awful and there is nothing within walking distance. Last time we went to a comp there I parked myself near the top of the stairs and didn't move the whole time. And I didn't let my clumsy CP go down the stairs until awards.

It was at the convention center the year before last, right?

Yes. And the year before that. I was hoping last year was just because of a scheduling conflict with the cc but it doesn't seem that way. I'm sure that arena is way cheaper to rent than the convention center so I doubt it will be back there any time soon. Anything to save a buck.

Upside - I definitely get my cardio in that weekend because I always end up down at the bottom somehow. lol

Back