All-Star Ep Review - Uca Greensboro, 11/17

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I wish there were a button REMOVE shimmies from your profile, CoachTamara. LOL

There is a production quality difference between our Classic model (like NCA Wildcard Classic) and our Regional/Spirit Championship model (normally held for High Schools IN a high school like your Battle of the Crossroads Spirit Champ you reviewed in your post). We'll never drive an all star program to a Spirit Championship/Regional, but we also won't turn them away if they attend. More or less, you get what you pay for.
And I won't even ask what a cheergram is, but I don't think we'll be offering that at any of our competitions.

Im sorry-you are still my favorite tweeter! :)
Like I said, you get what you pay for and it was cheap. Not sure how many school teams were there, but it was a Midwest Champion competition so I think I expected a bit more. However, the Wildcard Classic is amazing and always has top notch production and judging. Does that make up for it?

Also, I didn't tag you for a reason... Don't you have work to do?? Stop reading fierce board posts that are more than few days old-I thought I was in the clear!

Im sorry-you are still my favorite tweeter! :)
Like I said, you get what you pay for and it was cheap. Not sure how many school teams were there, but it was a Midwest Champion competition so I think I expected a bit more. However, the Wildcard Classic is amazing and always has top notch production and judging. Does that make up for it?

Also, I didn't tag you for a reason... Don't you have work to do?? Stop reading fierce board posts that are more than few days old-I thought I was in the clear!
he felt a tremor in the force.

I was at UCA Greensboro, so I was reading up on the thread. I also put my name in the search window periodically to see what people are saying about me...

Not to hijack but I was at a UCA event this past weekend. Parent/fan viewing area was nonexistent. We had to squat next to the corner of the mat. Granted, this venue has some challenges but another EP set up with a raised judges stand 2 months earlier. On a positive, the event ran on time.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

I HATED this UCA event in Greensboro. It indeed reminded me of a pop warner local. We were to far from the floor, I could not understand anything the mc said. He constantly mixed up the teams as if he didn't know who was performing next. The sound system & lighting was depressing. In 12 years of cheer I never felt like I could sleep throughout the entire event; UNTIL THAT DAY. The kids complained that the floor was too hard, the mat was too short & the spotters were in the way.

Just an over all bad competition and a complete & total waste of my time and money!

But.... They were on time unlike Ohio but that's another story lol

We did our first UCA event this weekend, and I have to agree. Very bland and boring compared to what we are used to. They also didn't award a high score for each level, only within the divisions. No spirit awards, ect. Didn't care for it overall.

Back