All-Star Ep Review - Uca Greensboro, 11/17

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

UCA in Indy was just as bad. People were so bored that at one point the only people clapping and encouraging a squad were some of our parents ( and it wasn't for one of our teams). The MC tried, but there was no production at all. Just a floor on a school gym floor, full lights, and crappy sound. Plus at one point I looked at the judges and one was sitting there twirling her hair. Hopefully UCA at Disney will be better.

And to pile on just a bit...the UCA website is one of the least user friendly sites out there. I will say its better this year with the direct ink to performance orders on the sidebar but generally, I can find very little there. Like right now, I was trying to find the results for the Carolina championship and I absolutely can't find them anywhere. Anyone have that link or do they not post results?

Ahhh. Ok. Make sense.
$6, huh. Wonder what the actual parking fee was supposed to be?

Posted on the parking booth when I drove in..........$5 for cheer parking. $8 for Disney show.

And I think I paid $6 per person to get in the door.

Edited to say the reviews are right on! I was bored. The people around me were bored. I resign myself to having to go just to get the teams on the floor but.....If I had to vote....I'd vote no. LOL Bright spot of the day was stopping at Ghassan's for dinner. Best steak and cheese subs ever!!!

Maybe it's just me, but when I see UCA on the schedule, I expect the actual production to be at least on par with other EPs' events. It wasn't even close to be honest.

Actually Uca events are always pretty modest. I would say they are the most conservative of the group. If you wanted more flash you should attend cheersport, spirit sports, athletic,Nca or cheerlebrity.

Just curious... when was the last time one of the larger CEA gyms (K-ville, Raleigh) went to a HS comp?

Just curious... when was the last time one of the larger CEA gyms (K-ville, Raleigh) went to a HS comp?

I feel like it was Nov 2007 Kernersville did Cheersport Dorton Arena and Spirit Xpress Broughton High School in the same day.

It was either 2006-2007 or 2007-2008. (But I really think it's the 2nd one)

I feel like it was Nov 2007 Kernersville did Cheersport Dorton Arena and Spirit Xpress Broughton High School in the same day.

It was either 2006-2007 or 2007-2008. (But I really think it's the 2nd one)

I was just curious. The video I saw of SE from this past weekend reminded me of Broughton with the floor being at-level with the crowd, etc. It just got me wondering if everybody was just used to having the kids on a stage, etc. at larger events, or if was really that bad.

I was just curious. The video I saw of SE from this past weekend reminded me of Broughton with the floor being at-level with the crowd, etc. It just got me wondering if everybody was just used to having the kids on a stage, etc. at larger events, or if was really that bad.

I think most of us commenting in this thread have been doing this for enough years that we know there's going to be a huge difference in a set up from say SuperNationals and a regional competition locally. But we've also been to well done regional's from JamBrands and Cheersport as well and UCA wasn't on par with what their competitors in the market are offering customer's (and kids). I think the original post in the thread is an accurate description of the event and the suggestions to improve were spot on. Have you ever been to the Champion Cup event at A & T? It's fairly small, mostly local teams yet the energy of the event is heads and shoulders above what was put on on Saturday. They are interesting, their MC is engaging and entertaining and I always feel like the kids are having a great time. (parents too)

joespeach and 12stepCheermom, I think they post the results, but I think they're just slow at doing it. If you can find the event page where the order of competition is posted, it will eventually be posted right there. I can see that the results from 11/10 events are posted, but nothing for the Carolina Championship yet.

I think most of us commenting in this thread have been doing this for enough years that we know there's going to be a huge difference in a set up from say SuperNationals and a regional competition locally. But we've also been to well done regional's from JamBrands and Cheersport as well and UCA wasn't on par with what their competitors in the market are offering customer's (and kids). I think the original post in the thread is an accurate description of the event and the suggestions to improve were spot on. Have you ever been to the Champion Cup event at A & T? It's fairly small, mostly local teams yet the energy of the event is heads and shoulders above what was put on on Saturday. They are interesting, their MC is engaging and entertaining and I always feel like the kids are having a great time. (parents too)
We actually dropped Universal Spirit States (the one with all the drama in the other thread) for that Champion Cup one at A and T this year because our lv 5 went to Champion Cup Nationals in Raleigh last year and we really really liked the EP. We'd never been to CC before but really liked how that was run...we really didn't like the US scoresheet (which is Varsity now) but really only went to US states to get a read on how they were scoring that jacked up grid so we could fix it for Spirit of Hope. So, I'm glad to hear you say the CC one is good, we haven't ever been to that one but its on our schedule this year.

We actually dropped Universal Spirit States (the one with all the drama in the other thread) for that Champion Cup one at A and T this year because our lv 5 went to Champion Cup Nationals in Raleigh last year and we really really liked the EP. We'd never been to CC before but really liked how that was run...we really didn't like the US scoresheet (which is Varsity now) but really only went to US states to get a read on how they were scoring that jacked up grid so we could fix it for Spirit of Hope. So, I'm glad to hear you say the CC one is good, we haven't ever been to that one but its on our schedule this year.

As I'm sure you know A & T has an older venue......It's not state of the art by any means. But the seating is 3/4 around with the stage on the end and the downstairs bleacher seating is at the stage level and the upper level's are looking down onto the floor. There really isn't a bad seat there. And the atmosphere is cozy with just the right amount of "Dual's" between gyms for team spirit. I can't speak to the scoresheet as I don't follow those kinds of things too closely anymore (ever changing who can keep up? LOL) I would give this comp a 50% cheesy rating but in a good way. The cheesy contests and stuff I think keeps the kids and crowd involved all day.

He plays awesome music that you will recognize from when you were growing up. Think Cool It Now by New Edition. It's like a trip down memory lane. LMAO

As I'm sure you know A & T has an older venue......It's not state of the art by any means. But the seating is 3/4 around with the stage on the end and the downstairs bleacher seating is at the stage level and the upper level's are looking down onto the floor. There really isn't a bad seat there. And the atmosphere is cozy with just the right amount of "Dual's" between gyms for team spirit. I can't speak to the scoresheet as I don't follow those kinds of things too closely anymore (ever changing who can keep up? LOL) I would give this comp a 50% cheesy rating but in a good way. The cheesy contests and stuff I think keeps the kids and crowd involved all day.

He plays awesome music that you will recognize from when you were growing up. Think Cool It Now by New Edition. It's like a trip down memory lane. LMAO
I now have new edition in my head.....but that will be a welcome change from the 3,762 times were bound to hear Gangham Style this season.

Back