All-Star Episode 1 Meet The Squad

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

This is true. No one lost their spot for Gabi. It was fate for Gabi. God has a plan for all of us. Gabi's Mom is a big believer in that. She wouldn't have taken her to Cali to kick someone off the team.
No one mad any reference to kicking someone off the team for Gabi...I asked who she replaced, figured there was injury or something.

Aw, that makes me really upset. I hope he comes back next season! He looks like a really great guy.

Not a bad show. I will keep watching. I felt soooo bad for Clinton, too. Seemed like a nice kid. And if he made Smoed's team, he clearly has talent. What a shame that his parents could not support him. I def hope to see him on Smoed next year. Now that I'd shimmy!

I would guess people are reminded of Dance Moms because of the coach? That's the ONLY similarity really.. There are no parents really on this show.

I would guess people are reminded of Dance Moms because of the coach? That's the ONLY similarity really.. There are no parents really on this show.
The only reason that could qualify as a similarity is because he's not cupcakes and rainbows all the time which Abby is definitely not either. He's a tough coach because he believes in his kids and knows what they are capable of doing. That's the thing that bothers me so much. When it comes to dance or cheerleading, it's like all of sudden, it's so wrong to have a coach yelling at you, but if it's football or basketball, all of a sudden it's okay. Sorry, went on a little bit of a rant there, but yeah.. anyways.. great show!

The only reason that could qualify as a similarity is because he's not cupcakes and rainbows all the time which Abby is definitely not either. He's a tough coach because he believes in his kids and knows what they are capable of doing. That's the thing that bothers me so much. When it comes to dance or cheerleading, it's like all of sudden, it's so wrong to have a coach yelling at you, but if it's football or basketball, all of a sudden it's okay. Sorry, went on a little bit of a rant there, but yeah.. anyways.. great show!

I get rough and tough and pushing your athletes and all that, but I personally think there's a difference between pushing your athletes and giving them a complex.

CA makes athletes using support and kindness, so obviously it works, it's just hard and time consuming . It's easier for people to yell and scream and tantrum to get what they want, and that's why so many coaches use this tactic.
#NotImpressed

I get rough and tough and pushing your athletes and all that, but I personally think there's a difference between pushing your athletes and giving them a complex.

CA makes athletes using support and kindness, so obviously it works, it's just hard and time consuming . It's easier for people to yell and scream and tantrum to get what they want, and that's why so many coaches use this tactic.
#NotImpressed
Just to let you know, our coach does not yell like in the show all the time. Every once in a while, someone goofs off and he gets impatient. Remember the edit and how it can control what is perceived. All kids are different and different things work for different kids. Thank you for watching everyone, we have fun doing it:)

#NotImpressed
I agree with you, there's a difference and there's also a very fine line between those differences and coaches sometimes do cross it.

I was just saying any toughness in general. I don't think it's so wrong to yell at a team if they're not staying focused during practice, especially if you've already asked them to get it together. Coaches are entitled to getting impatient and frustrated when their team is not doing what they are completely capable of doing. A lot of people will criticize that and say it's wrong, but if a football team is having a rough practice and their coach is screaming and yelling in their face, it's okay because it's football. That's where my frustration is.

#NotImpressed

When I coached gymnastics, I coached alongside a power tumbler who was trained by a fresh-off-the-boat former Russian National coach. That Smoed video is tame compared to some coaching antics I've seen..

Back