Ethical Gyms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If you are new to AS, I strongly encourage you to ignore those that live by the "corruption and conspiracy" handbook. AS has its issues like any sport but, it is truly one of the best things that has ever happened to my kids, as far as, building confidence and character. I have found the majority of parents, coaches, gyms, and EP's want to make AS a fantastic experience for our kids. As far as, the small percentage of others, they're everywhere, ignore, block, smile your way past the nonsense.

Another 1,000,000 shimmy post!

Nope don't know the grading or scoring, but when you see a lot of girls fall and other teams don't; just to mention one thing; kind of looks suspicious. And, I notice that Jam events do not post at actual score but I have seen that NCA actually posts the score.
I have mentioned before, when I get involved with something I tend to do a lot of research and reading. There are so many inconsistencies in this sport just in the few we have talked about in this thread that leads me to conclude it is more of a totally objective scoring system. I think they have a pretty routine and I like their uniforms, everyone looks like they are doing what they are suppose to be doing, so hey let's grade them really good.
When you are new to cheer, that is something that is very difficult to understand. BTDT. However, there is soooo much more than whether a team looks good in their routine. There are a number of different areas they are judged on, minimum skills that need to be done by certain percentages of athletes to make it into certain ranges, then there's technique and legalities (which every team strives to hit a zero), and overall scores.

When you are new to cheer, that is something that is very difficult to understand. BTDT. However, there is soooo much more than whether a team looks good in their routine. There are a number of different areas they are judged on, minimum skills that need to be done by certain percentages of athletes to make it into certain ranges, then there's technique and legalities (which every team strives to hit a zero), and overall scores.
Our team was at a Jam event lately and was deducted the maximum amount of points for an illegal stunt, but when our coach asked how was it illegal and asked them to look at the video they refused and said if they changed our score they would have to look at everyone's score and change if need to. UUUMMMM, yes because that is the right thing to do. They also mentioned they did not have enough safety judges to see everything. WHAT????? BTW, have been doing the same stunts all year so far and didn't get counted off at NCA or Cheersport event.

Our team was at a Jam event lately and was deducted the maximum amount of points for an illegal stunt, but when our coach asked how was it illegal and asked them to look at the video they refused and said if they changed our score they would have to look at everyone's score and change if need to. UUUMMMM, yes because that is the right thing to do. They also mentioned they did not have enough safety judges to see everything. WHAT????? BTW, have been doing the same stunts all year so far and didn't get counted off at NCA or Cheersport event.
The judges are human and have 2:30 to get it right. Yes, mistakes stink. I highly recommend that your coach video the stunt in question and send it to [email protected] for review. This way, if they are hit with a legality again, they will have the email proving the stunt was indeed legal from the governing body.

Since this post is about ethics/ethical gyms, what do you do if you know another gym cheated? (Had Kids to old on a team?)

Let the coaches/owners deal with it.[/
Sigh, they do... They call them out but the local comps don't want to lose this gyms business so they let it continue. Sad part is the just cheated at states in Daytona, were called out and nothing happened!

Ok, what do all of you think about a local competitor gym's owner has private messaged one of our parents asking for them to quit our gym mid season and bring their daughter to their gym to be on one of their teams? Come to find out this gym owner tried to buy out our gym but our owner did not want to sell because this is her dream, so competitor told our gym owner that she would ruin our gym.

Ok, what do all of you think about a local competitor gym's owner has private messaged one of our parents asking for them to quit our gym mid season and bring their daughter to their gym to be on one of their teams? Come to find out this gym owner tried to buy out our gym but our owner did not want to sell because this is her dream, so competitor told our gym owner that she would ruin our gym.
Not very ethical and I would question if I wanted to be a part of that program at all.

**That will be 5 cents please**

Not very ethical and I would question if I wanted to be a part of that program at all.

Our team member declined and I totally respect them for that. I just hate that they are trying to ruin our gym. Totally dirty.

Our team member declined and I totally respect them for that. I just hate that they are trying to ruin our gym. Totally dirty.
That is very sketchy of them. By chance have you heard of any bad history between the 2 owners and did the parents/athlete send a copy of the message to your owner?

That is very sketchy of them. By chance have you heard of any bad history between the 2 owners and did the parents/athlete send a copy of the message to your owner?

The only bad blood was when the gym tried to buy our owner out but our owner did not want to sell becausethe gym is her family's livelihood and it has always been her dream to have a gym. No, the parent did not send the message.

Back