All-Star Even The Simpilest Skills In Cheer Are Dangerous?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I broke my leg tumbling into a crack and was in a cast for 3 months. My friend tears two ligaments by getting out of bed and was out for a year...

We make our girls jump on the hard floor in the beginning months of practice. Had a girl last year who tore her ACL and was out for the season doing a t-lift when working on timing. Moral of the story....if you're not a gymnast, or dont have some form of gymnastics background where you know how to properly.....don't jump or tumble without shoes......

Just recently I was doing standing 5 back handsprings for warm-ups, and on the fourth one, I turned around to look to see how much room I had because I thought I had run out, and completely landed on the side of my foot. Which gave me a class 2 ligament sprain in my ankle. Which is funny because I have been competing competitive tumbling for over 10 years and have never once done anything to my ankles.... Just my luck right before worlds!!!

I tore ligaments/"sprained" muscles in my (for lack of better term) butt cheek at camp one year doing a toe touch. Ridiculous looking ice pack was seran wrapped to me for the week.

Hahhaha.
My sister, she has her full, was doing a cartwheel and broke her finger in two different places. I still have no clue how...

I know of a girl who dislocated her knee getting up from the splits :/ and also one of the girls my daughter cheers with broke her foot jogging over to get one of the coaches a water.....she didn't fall, or roll her ankle or anything, she just said ow and we were like what in the world girl you are fine.....Mom called later and say yep, it's broke :/

Girl on our Worlds team who can full double tore her Achilles doing a round off, poor thing.

No serious injuries in all my years of competitive gymnastics and cheer. When do I tear the ligaments in my ankle? In my sleep. Yup. My sheets got twisted around my ankle, and when I tried to get out of bed, my foot was caught-and I pulled, and tore the ligaments. I was 30 when that happened, even better.

More weird stories.

A girl in the gym last summer with a specialty through to full and working doubles broke her arm stepping off the trampoline in the gym. She tripped and caught herself on the rod floor and broke the crap out of her arm. Like, straight up right angle. She would have been ok to come back really late into the season (with no tumbling) but she rebroke it trying to cartwheel before she was cleared. Luckily she's young and has plenty of time to recover now.

One of my best friends with really good tumbling had her finger in a weird position during a back handspring. It tore ligaments and stuff and was just hanging there. It was gross. She had wear a full sling (FOR A FINGER!) and get surgery on it.

Oh and I guess it shouldn't tell other people's stories without adding my own. I broke my wrist falling down a flight of stairs onto concrete.......yeah.

A girl at our gym who has a full broke her ankle by landing wrong while doing a toe touch. It can happen!

a girl at our old gymnastics gym finished doing her beam routine which included flip flops and standing backs on the beam, got off the beam, tripped over the leg of the balance beam and broke her leg. Another girl tripped on the 2 stairs that separate the upper and lower gym and broke her leg.

I've broken my foot doing a toe touch :(

Also, one of the elite gym girls where I train broke both her ankles doing a roundoff back handspring last year... Poor girl!

Back