All-Star Even The Simpilest Skills In Cheer Are Dangerous?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My friend tore her acl doing a toe touch.
My roommate tore his acl on standing tuck that he landed.
My other friend was goofing around stunting and tore his acl attempting to do an express up
Back in the day I sprained my ankle doing a cradle set out, landed on my bases foot. (I've seen this happen multiple times)
Tore rotator cuffs doing full ups.

I'm sure I could think of a million others lol

A few years ago a girl at our gym just finished a grueling 3 hour practice with no problems...after practice she got dressed and walked out the door....slipped on ice and broke her leg in 2 places.

oh lets see last comp I did a new pass ro full thru to full and I was fine...I then squatted strange and strained the muscles in my left leg...

I was showing my Youth team years ago how to do a perfect split and tore the muscle under my knee...like heard it rip, felt it and everything! Sadly I never got it fixed and now I can't walk or run miles without feeling something weird happening right at that spot! I can still jump and tumble though lol

I was showing my Youth team years ago how to do a perfect split and tore the muscle under my knee...like heard it rip, felt it and everything! Sadly I never got it fixed and now I can't walk or run miles without feeling something weird happening right at that spot! I can still jump and tumble though lol

My mom tore her calf muscle in January doing Zumba and went to the hospital to get it strapped up and everything and it still causes her pain when she walks for a bit, like when we go to the mall and stuff.

its true even simple skills cause injuries lol
i was going to do a round off tuck but i just threw the round off part and sprained my ankle the night before a comp oh well at least i still practiced the rest of the night and competed

My friend did a back roll and dislocated her finger. She's working on her lay outs. So it was kinda weird to do something so simple and then dislocate something. I guess thats why cheerleading is the most dangerous sport in the world :)

Haha yup, I completely tore all the ligaments in one of my ankles just landing funny from a toe-touch. Didn't give it enough time to heal and competed on it at Nationals 2 weeks later, and ended up re-tearing it a few months down the track AGAIN while doing a toe-touch. My god.

From the sound of this thread thigh stands and toe touches are some wicked dangerous things!! Haha.

during summer cheer tumbling with my hs team a girl was doing dynamic stretching and tripped over air? she "sprained" her ankle and never tried out that fall. haha

I don't know about you guys... but I trip over myself at least 3 times a day... but I rarely have any cheer accidents. I think it's just about how much effort and how you pay attention to what you're doing. If you're doing a forward roll and forget to tuck your head under, you don't get hurt because you're not trained or prepared for the skill, it's because you weren't focusing! (for the most part)

i have a torn deltoid right now. I was trying to impress the football guys in my weights class by cleaning and jerking the weights that they had been jerking. I did it, but it was absolutely too heavy for me. I felt it tear, and my arm was shaking for the rest of the day.

Accidents happen and I have seen some ugly injuries from basic skills however, why would ANYONE not look around them and make sure they have room before attempting anything at all? That to me is ridiculous...

Back