OT Everything Hamilton!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
It's just like
The show is about a Vice President who shoots a guy who criticized his politics.
The title role is played by an HIV+ man.
The writer of the show is the son of immigrants (and other cast members are too).
The vast majority of the cast are minorities.
Many of the cast members are LGBTQ.
WHAT DID MIKE PENCE EXPECT???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I actually watched the speech and heard nothing "wrong". It was thoughtful imo

But if Trump supporters boycott I may buy a ticket just because

But lol are Trump supporters really breaking their necks to see Hamilton in all of its diverse glory

Did Pence even understand what he was seeing?

It's tacky, plain and simple no matter who they are doing it to. It wasn't the time or the place for that kind of statement, or the catcalls that went with it. If it had been the other candidate called out from the stage of a production for simply being there, you guys would be PISSED, talking about how inappropriate it was. Of course he understood what he was seeing and SUPPORTING, but he got attacked for going do. THAT Is ironic. Call him out for lack of support for minorities, he does something that flies in the face of that idea, and gets attacked for it. Way to encourage anyone to change their mind. A classless display is a really effective vehicle for change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's tacky, plain and simple no matter who they are doing it to. It wasn't the time or the place for that kind of statement, or the catcalls that went with it. If it had been the other candidate called out from the stage of a production for simply being there, you guys would be PISSED, talking about how inappropriate it was. Of course he understood what he was seeing and SUPPORTING, but he got attacked for going do. THAT Is ironic. Call him out for lack of support for minorities, he does something that flies in the face of that idea, and gets attacked for it. Way to encourage anyone to change their mind. A classless display is a really effective vehicle for change.

That same theatre booed Hillary not too long ago.

This is the happy Hamilton thread so please go complain about politics elsewhere.

That same theatre booed Hillary not too long ago.

This is the happy Hamilton thread so please go complain about politics elsewhere.

Shouldn't have brought politics in if you didn't want it discussed.

No, actually I wouldn't have cared had Hillary or any other candidate went in and got booed. Welcome to life as a public figure---you're not always well liked and people don't have to agree with you. If you dislike what they did, that is your opinion, but do not hold others to your same sense of moral compass. Frankly, I thought it was a perfect example of what theater is (and has been since the beginning of time) and the only thing tacky is Trump's inability to handle criticism. Calling foul when it wasn't even him is juvenile, but what gets me, is now people are too busy talking about this and not the crap settlement he just settled his Trump U case over. Anything to deflect I suppose---that does seem to be the Trump way. As for Pence, he gets booed a lot in Indiana too---I'm sure he's used to it.

"Shouldnt have brought politics into it"?

Oh boy, wait til I tell you about the entire plot of Hamilton....

How charming condescending. I KNOW what Hamilton is about. You clearly only want to talk politics when everyone agrees with you. Very democratic and In the spirit of Hamilton.

How charming condescending. I KNOW what Hamilton is about. You clearly only want to talk politics when everyone agrees with you. Very democratic and In the spirit of Hamilton.

Ya know, the similarities between you and trump are striking. Thin skin, relentless aggressive online commentary, ruins things people love.

Heck, I'd even venture to say y'all are both...... nonnnnnnnnn STOP!!!!

The only thing that comes to mind when you mention "classless display" are the tweets Trump posted regarding the whole incident. No one was attacked. What exactly was Pence supporting by being there? Diversity? The LGBTQ community? Freedom of speech? Pence was addressed - and thanked for coming - in a respectful manner by the cast. They expressed their concerns and hoped that the show would give him something to think about. Trump's election has created a new normal. Welcome to it.

Ya know, the similarities between you and trump are striking. Thin skin, relentless aggressive online commentary, ruins things people love.

In the future, you should come with a PSA not to eat and read. I choked on my ziti. Thanks for that.

The only thing that comes to mind when you mention "classless display" are the tweets Trump posted regarding the whole incident. No one was attacked. What exactly was Pence supporting by being there? Diversity? The LGBTQ community? Freedom of speech? Pence was addressed - and thanked for coming - in a respectful manner by the cast. They expressed their concerns and hoped that the show would give him something to think about. Trump's election has created a new normal. Welcome to it.

No, it was clear what the intent was, tongue in cheek not withstanding. It wasn't a warm welcome. Plus nothing was done about the rude behavior in the theater because it's clear that's what the cast was trying to encourage by speaking. Classless.

In the future, you should come with a PSA not to eat and read. I choked on my ziti. Thanks for that.

Alexander Slamilton.
My name is Alexander Slamilton.
And my sick Ham Burr-ns have just begun,
So just you wait... just you wait.

(This is my Lin-ified PSA :) )

If I had a thin skin, I wouldn't be here, that's for sure. If I have ruined anything, I think YOU are the one with a thin skin. If you didn't want commentary on politics on this thread, perhaps the "relentless" commentary that caused me to finally comment was unwise. Seriously, if you don't want any counterpoint, going on and on about how horrible the other side is might not be wise.

Mike Pence's record in Indiana is clear. He can speak out and advocate for legislation against the LGBTQ+ community, people of color, muslims, and HIV/ AIDS funding and those actors can do so as well. It's amazing how the first amendment works both ways.

Mike Pence's record in Indiana is clear. He can speak out and advocate for legislation against the LGBTQ+ community, people of color, muslims, and HIV/ AIDS funding and those actors can do so as well. It's amazing how the first amendment works both ways.

Not arguing that. They have the right to say anything they choose to. I personally don't agree with Pence on these topics, at all. That doesn't make me in favor of the way in which they chose to voice themselves. I don't think it was done in the appropriate way. It was a tacky display that, IMO, did nothing but hurt their point. Encouraging the sort of behavior that went on there is NOT the way to get the opposite inside to change their mind.

Back