All-Star Exams And Worlds :o

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 8, 2010
Okay, I apologize if anyone has already started a thread on this topic, but I'm having an issue with school and worlds. My end of course exams for my classes are the day after I get home from Worlds, and I'm sure I'll be just fine even though I will most definitely not be studying the weekend of Worlds since i'll be there. I'm just trying to see why they pushed worlds back a weekend - was it because of Easter weekend? I'm also the President of my entire school, and the election day for the new office members is the day that I leave worlds, so i'll be missing that ceremony, when I'm supposed to give a speech. I'm sorry, but i'm not gonna miss the fiercest worlds yet. Is anyone else having issues with Exams and Worlds? (btw, if they didnt push worlds back, we'd be there right. now. :O)

Our end of course exams start the week I get back so I might be missing one of them. But they have make-up days at the end of the week so it'll all work out!

I fly back a day before my IB exams start :/ And I actually have to leave Worlds on Sunday morning because if I miss my exam on Tuesday I fail my diploma. So, I feel you. But I'm definitely gonna TRY to study during the weekend; atleast on the flights to and from Orlando :)

my university has them the tues-fri.. so as long as people come back monday then they won't miss much except for the final class day, but studying would be a littttttle tough to squeeze into an already fierce weekend :)

I became a miracle worker for my final exams at college...I had like 3 on Friday and some how got them all moved so I could officially say that I am attending the 2011 cheerleading worlds! :) haha It was a a hot mess and trying to explain my reasoning for getting the exam moved was fun..I only told a little white lie or two ;) My finals schedule is horrible now since I have more than 1 exam everyday until I leave Thursday night, but I know it's worth it!!

My suggestion to everyone who has exams when they get back..study on the plane and study a little each day! :) I promise those AP/IB exams sound like their a joke, but if you score well its SO worth it in college and saves money! Good luck!

I have to exams Monday night following worlds. We're flying in super early Monday morning to ensure just incase flights get delayed, I will have plenty of time to study and make it to my exams. My professor totally didn't get it. He keeps telling me to not forget to study over the weekend. Um.. 14 hours of cheer, sir- no time for study!

I had to get 1 exam moved. I have one on Friday that's optional so I'm not taking it. So as of now I have an exam Tuesday, an exam Wednesday, leaving Thursday, and exam Tuesday and a final project due Tuesday. I'm going to try to turn that project in on Monday before I go out of town.

I understand moving Worlds back because Easter is late this year, but it really screwed a lot of us college kids over. I was lucky to have a nice professor who let me switch my dates. I have some friends who aren't so lucky and don't get to attend Worlds at all. =(

I have exams the week after. I plan on using the breaks on saturday to study. It's not much but it's better than nothing...

somehow, i managed to get lucky with them pushing the date back. my exams finish wednesday and i leave thursday so i don't have to worry about studying while i'm down there. last year worlds was right in between all of my exams and i had to take a few early/late.

My husband won't be there to see our daughter cheer at Worlds this year. He has a final on Saturday afternoon and another on Monday. Thank goodness for the web feed.

Picking up my daughter from JMU right after her Saturday morning final, hopping on a plane to Orlando... will have her back on Monday afternoon for her Tuesday and Wednesday finals :)

I have college graduation the Sunday of worlds and was trying to go and fly back Sunday morning so I would make it in time but that was an absolute NO from the fam :/ Ugh guess there is always next year...

Back