All-Star Exams And Worlds :o

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Okay, I apologize if anyone has already started a thread on this topic, but I'm having an issue with school and worlds. My end of course exams for my classes are the day after I get home from Worlds, and I'm sure I'll be just fine even though I will most definitely not be studying the weekend of Worlds since i'll be there. I'm just trying to see why they pushed worlds back a weekend - was it because of Easter weekend? I'm also the President of my entire school, and the election day for the new office members is the day that I leave worlds, so i'll be missing that ceremony, when I'm supposed to give a speech. I'm sorry, but i'm not gonna miss the fiercest worlds yet. Is anyone else having issues with Exams and Worlds? (btw, if they didnt push worlds back, we'd be there right. now. :O)
...What? Thats awesome!

I Have a Bio 1020 Exam the day I leave for worlds and they are taking 5 points off of my exam because it is not school related! :(

I Have a Bio 1020 Exam the day I leave for worlds and they are taking 5 points off of my exam because it is not school related! :(
That's so upsetting. There should be some way around all this. I know people who have had to give up their spots on Worlds teams because their professor would not let them out of it, even with a note.

I've always thought Worlds has been scheduled with complete disregard to the academic aspect of the athletes. Considering most kids involved in all-star ARE students, most will have finals or AP/IB exams right around the time of Worlds. I really wish the USASF/IASF would take this into heavier consideration because it seems to be an issue for SO many kids.

I'm sure a ton of it lies in $$$ but...still.

God really wants me at Worlds this year...
My finals were this week and Im off from work both days
so I have to go...Im obligated ;)

That's so upsetting. There should be some way around all this. I know people who have had to give up their spots on Worlds teams because their professor would not let them out of it, even with a note.

Yea, my professor told me to get a note and it would be alright.. then later in the day after he read it and noticed it wasn't school related, he told me he would take 5 points off my make-up exam. It's frustrating I wish that USASF would consider the people that are in college, like all the international teams that are mostly made up of college students. I know I'm going to have to try and study a little while I'm there and on the way down there for my finals, its going to be difficult, but I have to do it, because right when I get back I have a sociology exam! BLAH! Then finals a week later.

Back