All-Star Fake Standing Tucks

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oct 20, 2010
Can someone please explain them to me...can you really full judges by doing them in a routine? I watch tons of videos, and it really takes me more than one look to pick them out.

In a large division, possibly. But I think it has less to do with fooling the judges, as opposed to how it would look if they did nothing. You can always isolate the fake tucks out of the formation, but it could be very problematic for transitions.

No 10 years of judging I see the nugget jumps in the back . . . why you may ask because that is where I am looking. I now all your front athletes are tucking and your best hence I judge off of the back row.
yea thats what i've started to do to when i watch videos.

I always find myself looking in the back now to see if the whole team has standing tucks. My eyes are always drawn there because I want to see if really the whole squad is doing tucks.

I can always point out people marking tucks, but if so & so doesn't have a tuck theres not really anything else you can do. I don't like calling them fake tucks though.

I always find myself looking in the back now to see if the whole team has standing tucks. My eyes are always drawn there because I want to see if really the whole squad is doing tucks.
same. and to my surprise... a lot of large senior teams dont have full team toe backs.

No 10 years of judging I see the nugget jumps in the back . . . why you may ask because that is where I am looking. I now all your front athletes are tucking and your best hence I judge off of the back row.

Uh oh... the judges seem to be on to the trick! I guess we better start putting the knee tuckers in the front of the jump sequence!!! How comical would that be... just picturing it in my mind makes me laugh!

what i hate is like 1/2 the team "faking" them, why bother that that point? have them transition out and have the middle/front people left jump to tuck

Id honestly rather see choreography from the fakers - or a basket in back! Hell, even a show N Go. Fakers need to go!

Id honestly rather see choreography from the fakers - or a basket in back! Hell, even a show N Go. Fakers need to go!

SERIOUSLY????....I did notice a few fakers on your team and our team has a few as well. My daughter had a specialty pass and a working double and still had issues with her standing tuck...she has been on level 5 for more than four years and still lands kind of froggy...lol.

Back