All-Star Fame, Cea, Twisters Camp

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 18, 2010
Does anyone know who actually started that, and how I could get in touch with them? I am really interested in trying to put together something like that in my area this summer, and would love to know how to go about starting it.

I was thinking, just send out letters to all the gyms who have a known team in my division and see who wants to host it at their gym and/or participate. I love the idea, and I think it is something that needs to be spread around the country:)

Not sure who's idea it was, but if you know any of the owners of Fame, CEA or Twisters, that would be your best bet.

I think it was Courtney Pope's idea. She has a close relationship with the owners of Fame who offered to use their gym as the facility. Her girls were very close with a few F5 girls (now graduated) at the time that it seemed only right to invite them as well. It worked out well considering that Fame's midlothian location is centrally located to MD Twisters and CEA. The camp has been around for 3 years now and I'm sure that anyone across the country could successfully host their own camp. Good luck with your camp started!

Does anyone know who actually started that, and how I could get in touch with them? I am really interested in trying to put together something like that in my area this summer, and would love to know how to go about starting it.

I was thinking, just send out letters to all the gyms who have a known team in my division and see who wants to host it at their gym and/or participate. I love the idea, and I think it is something that needs to be spread around the country:)

When you find out how to go about doing this from them, can you post it? I've been thinking about how to do this with high school teams.

I think it was Courtney Pope's idea. She has a close relationship with the owners of Fame who offered to use their gym as the facility. Her girls were very close with a few F5 girls (now graduated) at the time that it seemed only right to invite them as well. It worked out well considering that Fame's midlothian location is centrally located to MD Twisters and CEA. The camp has been around for 3 years now and I'm sure that anyone across the country could successfully host their own camp. Good luck with your camp started!

This is correct and top would know.

There is no secret to how they arranged it.

- Get cooperation from more than one team.
- Set a training schedule. Either arrange for the team coaches to instruct special topics, or bring in extra help depending on the expertise you have available
- Arrange for multi-team bonding activities that make it more fun and special

I didn't help arrange either of these camps, but got to see the Small World camp. I organize stuff all the time for my job and helped out a lot as the team parent for Small Seniors last year.

If you want some help setting one up, let me know.

Back