All-Star Fame Super Seniors Going Large?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If Y'all remember they had 3 teams (small, medium, large) way back in november @ CheerTech Philly. Super Seniors were in the medium division from the main gym and the other 2 are from their other gyms.

Incorrect...Perfection (Fame NY) competed Small, Supers (Fame Midlo) competed Medium, Epic (Fame Midlo) competed Large in Philly. I promise, if I didn't see these teams every day, there's no way I could keep them straight...
ETA: Further, none of the 4 Fame locations are "the main gym."

Since they already have their paid bid in medium wouldn't make sense to just compete in the large senior division to see if you can get a bid?
I don't understand why this team would want to compete in large and try to get a bid. My bet would be they will never compete large senior at Worlds and they are just taking away from another teams chance to get a bid. (yes, they can decline it within 96 hours, but the moment is lost for the other team). Compete in large, small, medium, and super size as far as I'm concerned, but keep the bid out of it. To go back to my original post, they should have to decline their paid medium bid to compete for any bid a cheersport.

I don't understand why this team would want to compete in large and try to get a bid. My bet would be they will never compete large senior at Worlds and they are just taking away from another teams chance to get a bid. (yes, they can decline it within 96 hours, but the moment is lost for the other team). Compete in large, small, medium, and super size as far as I'm concerned, but keep the bid out of it. To go back to my original post, they should have to decline their paid medium bid to compete for any bid a cheersport.

They are not going for a bid. They were asked by CheerSport if they would be willing to compete in the Large division as well as Medium in order to give Senior Elite some competition for the weekend. Nothing shady, nothing underhanded, just one team giving another some competition at a large national when their current division seems to be dying out. Pretty much its the same as when a competition company gives a team competing by itself a score to beat in order for the team to still "win" their division. In this case it's just Super Seniors giving Senior Elite the score to beat. I am sure will be a great weekend for everyone and no ones feelings will end up hurt, or anyone loosing out on their moment getting a bid just because Supers competed in the Large division for one weekend.

I also don't mean to jack this thread, but I saw on twitter someone saying that Panthers were going large after their success at the majors? Is this true? There are all of these rumors going around of people going back up to large this year from medium and it's getting quite crazy.
I HIGHLY doubt Panthers would be going large considering they already got a paid bid in medium.

I can't remember how Cheersport gives out their bids but do they just give the winner of the division a bid? If that is the case then maybe they don't want to combine because if SE beats all the other medium teams and get the bid then there is no bid going to a medium team.

No Cheersport give out 8 bids to the Top Level 5 teams. That's it, their choice. You don't have to win to qualify and it isn't by score. The judges give their top teams and Cheersport selects 8 teams. At least that's what i think they do

No Cheersport give out 8 bids to the Top Level 5 teams. That's it, their choice. You don't have to win to qualify and it isn't by score. The judges give their top teams and Cheersport selects 8 teams. At least that's what i think they do

Ah thanks I wasn't sure because I hadn't looked at their bid process since last year.

I have no clue what the outcome would be should Supers receive a paid bid in Large Senior. My guess would be with worlds being a little more than only 2 months away at the time of CheerSport, and them competing in Medium the whole year already they would more than likely decline the bid and stay medium, but guess we won't know until February 19th.
They are not going for a bid. They were asked by CheerSport if they would be willing to compete in the Large division as well as Medium in order to give Senior Elite some competition for the weekend. Nothing shady, nothing underhanded, just one team giving another some competition at a large national when their current division seems to be dying out. Pretty much its the same as when a competition company gives a team competing by itself a score to beat in order for the team to still "win" their division. In this case it's just Super Seniors giving Senior Elite the score to beat. I am sure will be a great weekend for everyone and no ones feelings will end up hurt, or anyone loosing out on their moment getting a bid just because Supers competed in the Large division for one weekend.
Could you please clarify? In the first post you say they'd probably decline the bid and stay medium, then a few posts down you say they are not going for a bid, just giving SE some competition. I'm not trying to be argumentative, just trying to find out the facts.

Could you please clarify? In the first post you say they'd probably decline the bid and stay medium, then a few posts down you say they are not going for a bid, just giving SE some competition. I'm not trying to be argumentative, just trying to find out the facts.

The first post was prior to speaking with one of the owners of the gym. The second post was after. According to them they are not competing in large for a bid but simply to give Senior Elite competition. No facts were stated as to whether they were even eligible for the bid. Seeing as how it is known by CheerSport that they are medium, and with their "judges choice" bid process, combined with the fact they already have a bid, my guess would be they are not even eligible in the first place.

I think CA should release a statement because a lot of people seem to think that panthers are going large and believing it because they want them large again

Back