All-Star Famous Athletics Has Closed

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Didn't she have some ties to ICE because of two coaches who coach at ICE were also coaching clinics at her gym as recently as last week. Both of the coaches help her start her gym then quit to go to ICE and one help coach ICE Thunder this year. This person who helped coach also has a very checkered past and still is involved in things that I would not want my kid around. I will not get into specifics that I was showed first hand, but it is very public knowledge what she does in her free time. I am sure people who went to and worked at famous know what I am taking about. I believe that is where the direct tie comes in. But if I was Darlene, no way would I want either of these people around my gym.

Can I shimmy this more than once!! Actually quite disturbing and disgusting.

Not shocked at all. The thing that angers me about this most is that thread in the newbies section where so many people linked to the owner pointed fingers at everyone but the one person who did this. Those people were basically telling Just-a-Mom that she was a horrible person and that is the furthest thing from the truth. She didn't do this, the other parents who left didn't do this. The woman who took people's money and ran did this. The woman who owed hunders and thousands of dollars but claimed to still be in business.
When the thread in the newbies section was still there I asked multiple times how they were going to have tryouts in a gym that they were being evicted from, never once did I get an answer for that. The woman isn't even worth my awkward cow face, she is that low.
you can't blame those newbies, they were obviously fed a line of poo. when our gym shut down abruptly, the owner at the time was telling a dad the night before he closed that he was going to open another gym in another state and had a long conversation with him about it!

at Vizion we had an athlete come from level 2 and safetly, and progressively, got to level 5 tumbling skills the right way in about 5 months.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say these are the exceptions to the rule and probably represent those kind of kids that just have a natural talent for tumbling. We have a few in our gym....but they're the exception because they're born natural tumblers that just needed a coach. The majority of our kids this timeline would not apply to.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say these are the exceptions to the rule and probably represent those kind of kids that just have a natural talent for tumbling. We have a few in our gym....but they're the exception because they're born natural tumblers that just needed a coach. The majority of our kids this timeline would not apply to.

Correct. Every gym has a few of these type athletes who make phenomenal progression in an unbelievably short amount of time. Additionally in many gyms there is no need for a coach to push any athlete to get the skills from Level 2 to a Level 5 so fast. Once placed on a team - say Level 2 - they are usually not going to competitively move up 2-3 team levels in one year. So even if they can do the skills they wont be competing them. That in itself would be a potentially unsafe practice.

I've been trying really hard not to comment on this post because I know it is such a touchy subject, but I can't help it anymore. I am in no way affiliated with Fa, but I know many people (coaches, athletes and parents) who are or were at some point. This whole situation has gotten so out of control, it makes me sick. It is written in black and white (on legal documents nonetheless) that the owners of Famous were and are in the wrong here. I am so over the people who feel the need to attack former employees, parents and athletes for the demise of this gym! There are SO many amazing people who fell into the wrong doings of Famous, and now those people who can't get over it are causing a giant negative downward spiral for most of the people who got out while they still could!

I was always taught to remove myself from bad situations and to kindly warn others if they were in a bad situation themselves. Why anyone would attack the people who were trying to protect themselves and the people they care about is beyond me. I know those said attackers are following this thread with a close eye, so hear this loud and clear... GET OVER YOURSELVES, GET OVER THE WRONG DOINGS YOU FEEL HAVE BEEN BESTOWED UPON YOU BY PEOPLE WHO WERE ONLY KEEPING YOU AND YOUR ATHLETES BEST INTEREST IN MIND! STOP THE ENDLESS HARASSMENT ON THE FORMER FAMOUS COACHES, PARENTS AND ATHLETES WHO HAVE CLEARLY MOVED ON FROM THIS DRAMA AND GET A LIFE. STOP TRYING TO BRING EVERYONE DOWN WITH YOU! IN THE END, KARMA WILL GET YOU WORSE THAN YOU WILL EVER TRY TO GET ALL THESE PEOPLE, SO QUIT NOW WHILE YOU STILL HAVE AN OUNCE OF DIGNITY LEFT.

Back