All-Star Famous Athletics Has Closed

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

NO there is NO embarrassment AT ALL! If you saw what the worker bees are posting all over facebook! Lord help us, everyone else is at fault. They all went to the building for one last......ummm not sure something! There are pictures all over facebook with pictures of the doors with the name on it and them saying Famous always and forever! Pathetic really.

Im scared to even ask.

This woman is a piece of work. If you met her, you'd question why anyone went to the gym in the first place.

I'm pretty baffled why anybody who had been warned ahead of time of this woman still chose to go to her gym.... If I heard all of the accusations against her, I wouldn't even consider being apart of her program. I mean, not only are there a lot of angry people with empty wallets, there are plenty of upset children. From what I heard, the experience for the athletes there was at least decent.

NO there is NO embarrassment AT ALL! If you saw what the worker bees are posting all over facebook! Lord help us, everyone else is at fault. They all went to the building for one last......ummm not sure something! There are pictures all over facebook with pictures of the doors with the name on it and them saying Famous always and forever! Pathetic really.
Ha ha ha - that may actually be true. They probably will be famous always and forever. Probably not for the reasons they would like to be.

oooh, ouch. Not nice.
devil.gif

I'm pretty baffled why anybody who had been warned ahead of time of this woman still chose to go to her gym.... If I heard all of the accusations against her, I wouldn't even consider being apart of her program. I mean, not only are there a lot of angry people with empty wallets, there are plenty of upset children. From what I heard, the experience for the athletes there was at least decent.

I know some moms who took their kids to Famous. Everyone spoke VERY highly of every coach there. I know SEVERAL athletes who went from Level 1/2 to Level 5 just within three months. Most other athletes upped a level just over the sumer from my understanding. They had very high profile coaches there. Could have done great things. I hated to tell my friends "I told you so" but...

ETA: Ive never worked with any of their coaches, all hear say.

I know some moms who took their kids to Famous. Everyone spoke VERY highly of every coach there. I know SEVERAL athletes who went from Level 1/2 to Level 5 just within three months. Most other athletes upped a level just over the sumer from my understanding. They had very high profile coaches there. Could have done great things. I hated to tell my friends "I told you so" but...

Now you see, that's truly the awful thing about it. Aside from the owner with her poor choices and all this drama and scandal, there were athletes there who wished to go really far and could have gone really far with this program. If I ever got an email telling me that the doors to UA were closing forever (God forbid that ever happens...) I'd be beyond upset about it. I'm sure a lot of these athletes loved to be apart of Famous.

I really want to believe you, but this seems incredibly unlikely. That much tumbling advancement wouldn't/shouldn't safely happen in 3 months.

Sorry to (almost) all involved here. I'm sure that there are plenty of disappointed kids and adults. I'm hoping you all find a new cheer home where you can take the good with you and leave the bad behind.

I am a mom who took her kids to Famous. In the beginning it was amazing. Like you said, very high profile, talented coaches. I'd never heard of her before (at the time I'd only been in IL for about 6 months and didn't know many people), but coaches I knew were going there to work and I went based on their recommendations. It wasn't until a couple months in that I started to notice that all the things she promised weren't happening (and these were basic things, not "promise you the moon"kinda things).

All in all I'm sad it went the way it did - it could have been such an amazing program with the coaches and kids they had.

I really want to believe you, but this seems incredibly unlikely. That much tumbling advancement wouldn't/shouldn't safely happen in 3 months.

I wasn't there, these were things that I just heard from people that were. I know the level 5 teams came a long way. The J5 and Senior 5 was comprised of several kids from my gym that were level 3/4 at best and had fulls by end of summer.

at Vizion we had an athlete come from level 2 and safetly, and progressively, got to level 5 tumbling skills the right way in about 5 months.

I am not reading this thread. Still worn out from the deleted thread ( Just-a-Mom , hee hee!) What I figured would happen has happened. I stayed at two hotels with Famous parents and kids this season. I did not meet any of that might have been posting on this board. I met a lot of newbie type cheer parents who were lovely and had happy little cheerleaders. Yes there were bad apples at the gym if you want to define that by being uber aggressive and rude on on that thread, but don't lump everyone from Famous in that category. There are some lovely families who just wanted their kids to have a good time. I sat with one mom recently at the pool. I did not have the heart to tell her to run for her life. She had absolutely no clue what was coming. She just was happy her daughter was having fun. I hope all these Famous parents and kids find a good place to cheer next season.

This is why when I read the email and the woman had a paragraph about what was happening at ICE, a program she has no ties to, it made me skin crawl. The woman linking herself with another gym in any way even if it is just in an email is bad news bears.

ICE annoucing a coach coming to their gym when he has never made an announcing to those at the current gym is disrespectful and tasteless on their part. I would actually laugh if there was a possibility for it and he decided to not go through with it.

Didn't she have some ties to ICE because of two coaches who coach at ICE were also coaching clinics at her gym as recently as last week. Both of the coaches help her start her gym then quit to go to ICE and one help coach ICE Thunder this year. This person who helped coach also has a very checkered past and still is involved in things that I would not want my kid around. I will not get into specifics that I was showed first hand, but it is very public knowledge what she does in her free time. I am sure people who went to and worked at famous know what I am taking about. I believe that is where the direct tie comes in. But if I was Darlene, no way would I want either of these people around my gym.

Back