All-Star Famous Athletics Has Closed

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

While I feel bad for all parents and kids who went there, I am a bit perturbed for the owner of Famous saying that Famous would not be closing (on this exact day as well) and that any mention on here is just slander. I can tell you that my personal opinion of that owner is NOT very high.

fdjshiufewjkfne still wishing I knew what happened... Glad I didnt end up cheering there, like I had thought to though.

I guess I will finally chime in. My daughter spent the year at Famous. Honestly, even with all the drama, chaos and uncertainty, I would make the same decision all over again. My child had the season of her life. She and I made some really great friends! If not for Famous, I would never have met Just-a-Mom, UltimateRudags, SkyBlue or many of you. I am so very sad for my daughter, who has lost her cheer home. I'm sad that friends we made this season will be scattered all over northern Illinois. Contrary to the image that Illinois cheer has right now, most of us are just looking for a place to call home where our children can thrive, doing the sport that they love.

If there is one thing FA provided in my short time there is all of the wonderful parents and kids I have been lucky enough to now call friends. It did not need to turn out the way it did and for that I will always be sad.

I just love all the blame misplacement. There is ONE SOUL PERSON responsible for this mess. However, blaming past coaches, past parents and whoever else is being accused for the closing is ridiculous. I just can't believe all of the things being said blaming everyone EXCEPT the owner of Famous. This is ONE PERSONS FAULT. Its not mine. Its not any previous parents. Its not the Fierceboards. ITS THE OWNER!

I just love all the blame misplacement. There is ONE SOUL PERSON responsible for this mess. However, blaming past coaches, past parents and whoever else is being accused for the closing is ridiculous. I just can't believe all of the things being said blaming everyone EXCEPT the owner of Famous. This is ONE PERSONS FAULT. Its not mine. Its not any previous parents. Its not the Fierceboards. ITS THE OWNER!
Amenamenamen. THIS^^^
I wish when I first came on the boards and saw a thread about my gym at the time, I would have really sat back and thought about what the common demoninator was in each failed merge. It wasn't @meanj's fault for calling it like he saw it, but I thought it was. I thought it was a parent who was angry and that's why she told people to leave, but she wasn't the reason things were bad. The person running the business had no right to be running the business. I feel like that's what makes or breaks a gym, the owner being able to handle it.

Like simplymom & skyblue, I don't regret our time there. My cp learned so much from some amazing coaches & I'm still in awe over how far she's come! We also made wonderful friends that I know my CP will enjoy seeing throughout her remaining cheer years. It's always fun to have friends on other teams to cheer for at the comps! I'm a firm believer that out of everything bad comes something good - and for many of the kids it's new friends. That said, I'm relieved that the doors are being shut. It's been a long, painful process to watch. I'd compare it to slowly trying to take off a Band-aid inch-by-inch and cringing with the pain of each inch when sometimes it's just easier to rip off the Band-aid quickly, feel the pain, and move on. Good luck to everyone on finding a new cheer home!

While I feel bad for all parents and kids who went there, I am a bit perturbed for the owner of Famous saying that Famous would not be closing (on this exact day as well) and that any mention on here is just slander. I can tell you that my personal opinion of that owner is NOT very high.

100% percent agree! I believe there's been a few times this year that she was suing people for slander & I never saw a court case go to light. Talk is cheap.

Not shocked at all. The thing that angers me about this most is that thread in the newbies section where so many people linked to the owner pointed fingers at everyone but the one person who did this. Those people were basically telling Just-a-Mom that she was a horrible person and that is the furthest thing from the truth. She didn't do this, the other parents who left didn't do this. The woman who took people's money and ran did this. The woman who owed hunders and thousands of dollars but claimed to still be in business.
When the thread in the newbies section was still there I asked multiple times how they were going to have tryouts in a gym that they were being evicted from, never once did I get an answer for that. The woman isn't even worth my awkward cow face, she is that low.

The most shocking thing about the gym closing is how long it took for it to actually happen. I'm sorry to everyone that had to go through this. Sad that a program that had so much potential was brought down by one very sketchy person. It sounds like a lot of people made the best of it, though. I hope you all find a good, honest home this season!

But.. but.. they even offered to send me the tryout packet to prove they were staying open.. and I don't even live in Illinois.. HA HA.

giggle.gif

Back