All-Star "famous Gyms" In Pa And Nj

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

BlockHead

Cheer Parent
Sep 20, 2013
My parents are taking my CP11 on vacation next week to Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Gettysburg, and Ocean City, NJ. We thought of possibly surprising her with a quick visit to a "famous" gym. I have done a little searching and I can not find any gyms that I have heard of in those areas.
Are there any well-known gyms in those areas that are within a 30 minute drive? I know my parent's are not willing to drive very far.
Thank you for any help!

State Allstars about 20 miles north from Philly, Pittsburgh Superstars, Fire And Ice, FCA Gems, Cheer Tyme, HotCheer, Turner's Allstars, Just Cheer, Spirit Explosion, World Cup, Central Jersey Allstars, South Jersey Storm, and Allstar One.

:( Sadly the only famous gym I can think of is World Cup Allstars Freehold, NJ (Home of the Shooting Stars and Odyssey) and it's about an hour, and a half away from Ocean City, NJ.

Good luck in Gettysburg ;) I am originally from 15 minutes outside of Gettysburg and had to drive all the way to Glen Burnie, MD to get to my gym. Stick to the touristy attractions in Gettysburg, they are great during the summer!

My parents are taking my CP11 on vacation next week to Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Gettysburg, and Ocean City, NJ. We thought of possibly surprising her with a quick visit to a "famous" gym. I have done a little searching and I can not find any gyms that I have heard of in those areas.
Are there any well-known gyms in those areas that are within a 30 minute drive? I know my parent's are not willing to drive very far.
Thank you for any help!

I believe that FAME All Stars opened in maybe State College area which is basically between Pittsburgh and Philly.

I believe that FAME All Stars opened in maybe State College area which is basically between Pittsburgh and Philly.
State College is in the middle of nowhere, I wish it was basically in between Philly and Pittsbugh. But it's a good 90 mins north of Harrisburg, which is a a least 45 mins north of Gettysburg. Not exactly an easy side trip:D

Last edited:
State Allstars about 20 miles north from Philly, Pittsburgh Superstars, Fire And Ice, FCA Gems, Cheer Tyme, HotCheer, Turner's Allstars, Just Cheer, Spirit Explosion, World Cup, Central Jersey Allstars, South Jersey Storm, and Allstar One.
No where close to being within a 30 minute drive.

@BlockHead All Star One is the closest gym to Ocean City, NJ. Probably only about a 15 minute ride. Spirit Explosion and South Jersey Storm are both within a 30 minute drive to Philadelphia.

State College is in the middle of nowhere, it is definitely not in between Pittsbugh and Philly:D

Thanks for trying to make me look stupid. Hope it made your day better. I missed the part where they are traveling through Gettysburg. Technically State College is in between the two cities just a bit more north depending on the route that they are taking. Now that I noticed that they are going to Gettysburg, I retract my initial suggestion as it would be very out of the way. I also didn't say it was a big city.

Thanks for trying to make me look stupid. Hope it made your day better. I missed the part where they are traveling through Gettysburg. Technically State College is in between the two cities just a bit more north depending on the route that they are taking. Now that I noticed that they are going to Gettysburg, I retract my initial suggestion as it would be very out of the way. I also didn't say it was a big city.
I wasn't trying to make you look stupid, I was trying to let the OP know it wasn't that close. In fact I edited my post a few seconds after I posted to be more clear about the distance for them and so it seemed less abrupt. It wasn't my intention to insult you.

Pittsburgh is the cheer city of Pennsylvania. I was just naming gyms that are known to go to worlds every year that are in the states.:p Pittsburgh Superstars is 27 mins away from Pittsburgh. You can also visit the Abby Lee Dance Company (I know it isn't cheer but) its about 19 mins away from Pittsburgh. HotCheer is 33 mins away from Pittsburgh. Fire and Ice (West Mifflin location) is 23 mins away from Pittsburgh. HotCheer and Fire and Ice are 17 mins away from each other. FCA Gems is 39 mins away from Pittsburgh. I have no idea how far Just Cheer is from Ocean City.

CJA is almost 2 hrs away from ocean city. So Just Cheer is even further north. Freehold is about 1.5 hrs away. Hope this helps a little

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are going through Philly/near Philly, SE has a satellite location in the burbs about 15 minutes from Center City. Here is the info they put out in the latest email blast:

Good Afternoon -

Summer is a great time to get in the gym and tumble, tumble tumble! Join us for these open classes offered on a pay-as-you-go basis for $15 per class. Spirit Explosion also offers private lessons and team programs...email for more information!

MONDAY:
5:30 - Level 3 & up tumbling...11 years & younger6:30 - Level 3 & up tumbling...12 years & older
7:30 - Level 1 & 2 tumbling...all ages

WEDNESDAY:
6:00 - Level 1 & 2 tumbling...11 years & younger7:00 - Level 3 & up tumbling...11 years & younger

THURSDAY:
6:30 - Level 3 & up tumbling...12 years & older7:30 - Level 1 & 2 tumbling...12 years & older

Set a new goal and get to work...see you at the gym!

NJ Spirit Explosion
3954 Miller Road
Newtown Square, PA

Hot Cheer and Rain Athletics are about 5 miles from each other!! I know that both gyms have tumbling classes . you could probably check their website to see when they have them.

Back