All-Star Fantasy Cheer (like Fantasy Football)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I was trying to figure out a while ago how to do it with individual athletes, like in fantasy football etc., but that would be an awful lot of work and involve knowing every single member of the teams to be able to work out individual stats etc. I was thinking that potentially it may be possible with stunt groups for all girl, but it would still take an awful lot of time to work out figures. If I ever get some free time I might have a bit of a play with it, but I really like this idea.
What would happen if there's an injury or some extenuating circumstances (can't really think of any off the top of my head) and some/all of the routine can't hit? Do you just end up with an anomalous low score and that's it? Because it doesn't really reflect the skill of the team, although I guess that's how it would work at a comp

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Individual athletes would be bad because these are minors. And of course we don't keep stats like professional sports.

You could end up with an abnormally low score, but that's a risk with all fantasy games. My QB could go down in the first quarter and it would seriously impact my score.

We're not 100% solid on all the rules and how it should work. Getting percentage of perfection scores for a lot of these teams/competitions could be very difficult.

This would probably be tied into Road to Worlds. That's where my server and database are and that's what I'm comfortable programming in. You'd have to create an account on there and tie it in to your username here @Mamarazzi. Ideally scores would update as soon as we have scores from a competition.

To add onto that the key is getting your pics set into stone before the month starts. We have flexibility after the fact once you have picked to get the rest right.

Or make a guide for those of us who want to participate, but don't fully understand on how to play. Maybe I am the only one. I've never played Fantasy football, though, either. I just plan on attempting to participate and learn as I go.

I think it would be fun because involvement will take 5 minutes and will only be done once per month. One of the things I don't like about fantasy baseball, for instance, is you are trading and looking at people CONSTANTLY. I don't got time for that.

Just brainstorming:

Perhaps you each team you pick could have two factors that combine to give you their monthly score:

1. Average percent of perfection (just as you described)

2. Handicapping factor. (needs better name). The higher the percentage of people who pick that team, the lower this variable goes. Teams with fewer people picking them would get a higher multiplier. There would need to be a limited range for this so you couldn't simply pick a low-scoring team that no one else picked and win. IMO, this should be an unknown variable to the players until announced after the cutoff time.

There would need to be a lot of work put into the formula to make it simple and fair.

IMO, predicting the percentage perfection score seems to add a lot of complexity on the player side. It would be easier to just pick 5 teams and more people would want to play.

Last edited:
So is anyone working on this cause I've been thinking about something similar since last year lol

@Ashley and I have discussed many things. This past year the Worlds bracket was the first step towards doing it. I am sure discussion will start again soon.

Just brainstorming:

Perhaps you each team you pick could have two factors that combine to give you their monthly score:

1. Average percent of perfection (just as you described)

2. Handicapping factor. (needs better name). The higher the percentage of people who pick that team, the lower this variable goes. Teams with fewer people picking them would get a higher multiplier. There would need to be a limited range for this so you couldn't simply pick a low-scoring team that no one else picked and win. IMO, this should be an unknown variable to the players until announced after the cutoff time.

There would need to be a lot of work put into the formula to make it simple and fair.

IMO, predicting the percentage perfection score seems to add a lot of complexity on the player side. It would be easier to just pick 5 teams and more people would want to play.

Agreed. The hardest part has been trying to make a 'game' out of it. In general once people watch a few teams in a division they can, with decent accuracy, pick who is going to win that division. Lets hypothetically take Small Coed from last year. The skill set thrown and where their values are didn't vary much last year. If BSB had hit they would have won. Everyone in general can predict if people hit who is going to win. BSB did not hit so that is what made it interesting to watch the division. How do you make a game of that if you know what the placements probably are if everyone hits?

What are you planning to use to implement this @King ? I'm a developer (albeit a graduate), so would love to get involved if you need an extra pair of hands!

I'm a developer too. I built The Road to Worlds in C#/.NET and had planned to do this in that as well, but since then we built the bracket contest in PHP which made it easy for King to host and for us to integrate with fierce board.

Why would there be a need for extra points/deductions based on how popular your chosen team is? Say I choose SE, a popular team and I guess for 92%, they hit 94% on average, I loose 2 points so I get 98. My friend chooses unknown allstars and guesses 50% for them, they hit 50%, my friend looses 0 points, gets 100, wins. It's not about how high the teams score, it's about the accuracy of your guess, right? So whether that is you know F5 down to the core, or your local team, same outcome. Idk just a thought.

Back