High School Favorite High School Team In Each State

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I'm not sure about any specific school/rule; however they are two completely different styles of cheering and it will be difficult to have a routine that can compete strongly at both competitions.

I'm confused so please help me understand. I haven't read anywhere in the IHSA rules that state you aren't allowed to compete at UCA or NCA. Is it more of a school issue or is there a rule I am missing. Please help as I was interested in taking my cheerleading squad to both UCA and NCA competitions this year and we are from Illinois.
Thanks
In Illinois if you are participating in the IHSA state series, you must register in a particular division. If you do so, you are only allowed to compete in a total of 5 competitions then sectionals and state if you qualify. There is no rule stating that one of those first 5 comps can't be UCA or NCA at the national level. That would be something probably regulated by your schools administration. I do know of several Illinois teams who competed at Jamfest Supernationals in Indy last year.

Alabama: Bob Jones
Georgia: Columbus, Northgate, Johns Creek, and Alpharetta well the whole state I love them all
Hawaii: Kamehameha, espcially since I have a friend who graduated from there
Illinois: Providence
Kentucky: Dunbar
Maryland: currently Hereford and South River (but forever in my heart North County)
New Hampshire: Pinkerton
New Jersey: I forogt their name : (
New York: Rocky Point
Oklahoma: Putnam City North
North Carolina: Ledford
South Carolina: Mauldin
do yu know their school colors, i might know!

In Illinois if you are participating in the IHSA state series, you must register in a particular division. If you do so, you are only allowed to compete in a total of 5 competitions then sectionals and state if you qualify. There is no rule stating that one of those first 5 comps can't be UCA or NCA at the national level. That would be something probably regulated by your schools administration. I do know of several Illinois teams who competed at Jamfest Supernationals in Indy last year.
Thanks, we are not participating in IHSA this year as we only have 7. Perks of doing UCA and NCA is the different levels of competition they have as well as gametime. Looking at this year as a chance to warm my girls up to competition and hopefully build a bigger squad next year. Thanks again.

Thanks, we are not participating in IHSA this year as we only have 7. Perks of doing UCA and NCA is the different levels of competition they have as well as gametime. Looking at this year as a chance to warm my girls up to competition and hopefully build a bigger squad next year. Thanks again.

Just want to throw it out there....I coach a high school team of only 8 girls and we went to IHSA state last year, in the medium division. Granted, you can't do as much visually, but don't think you guys can't do well with such a small team! We surprised quite a few teams last year when we were able to beat them due to the high difficulty of our routine! If you want me to out you in touch with our choreographer, PM me and I will give you all of his info! Our original routine last year was made for only 6 girls! Good Luck this season!!

Back