Fear To Hurt My Bases

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 14, 2013
hi, i looking for a little advice from you..i'haven't anymore trust in my base, i feel so nervous when i'm up in various stunt and i'have fear to hurt her with my weight...i feel like a big elephant :(
my base is a my good friend, sometime in practice i fell down but i deal it. i'have lost my confidence after i'have hurt her in our spare time. with another friend, we went at a concert of an idol mine. i'm a short person, so i cant see the stage. Kindly, she offer her cheerleading skills for give me a shoulder sit and see him better. i was so happy, and basically i'have seen the whole concert on top of her(whole concert= 20 minutes, because it's was a music festival with various artist on stage), without remind the person under me...
the concert was fantastic, but next day she woke up with bad back pain and soreneck. at gym she called me FAT for joke, but other girls laughs at this and someone calls me fat also (i don't know if it's for joke...:( )
now i think i'm a fat cow, i'm not feel flexible on the air when i stunt. i know it's stupid for most peoples, but my weight is too important for my self esteem...
sorry if i dont type my weight now, pheraps in the future...
my coach say's that it's an average weight, but i'have hurt my base with an easy stunt for fun...what will happend when i'll do more advanced stunt...

If you're at a healthy weight range (your Dr. can tell you), then forget about the number for now. Personally, I'd have a sore back and neck too if I held anyone on my shoulders for 20 minutes, and I'm in very good shape. I'm betting that it was the length of time she held you and not your weight that made her sore.

If she's calling you fat, you should let her know how that makes you feel. There's a good chance she sees you in one light (small and skinny) and you see yourself in a different light (fat cow). Since she feels probably sees you as small, she may not realize that calling you fat is having such a negative effect on you and your thoughts.
As fot flying, stretch out at home. Hold your splits and other stretches while watching TV, so time goes faster. Flexibility is something you need to work on a lot to improve at. It doesn't just magically appear by warming up with your team. Focus on your technique in stunts - pushing hard off your bases, staying tight and in control of your body in the air, etc. I've had tiny girls who were a pain to stunt with because they had no body control, and bigger tops who are a dream to stunt with because they have such amazing technique. If you are currently topping, your weight is not what makes you a good flyer. Your technique is much more important

I'm assuming you're a teen, but correct me if I'm wrong. If you are feeling this negatively about your body and weight, please consider talking to someone you trust about it. Having confidence in your body is an important thing to have and an adult may be able to help you find it. Please don't let one or two people's comments make you believe something that isn't true.

i'm teen and my friend has 3 years more than me. you are right, i'have a bad feeling with my weight. my friend don't know about this and pheraps she joke with me, but i feel like stupid to say her "please, stop, i'have a psychosis...". in my country girls at my age are pretty snob. she is a bit snob also, and i have fear to spoke her about my obsession.
anyway i dont know excatly the lenght of time i was up on her, i know i'have listen 4 songs first to get down. she dont complain about the lenght but for my weight...this make me feel so negative(and i'm sorry to hurt my teammate...)
for now, i'd like change role, i feel so unconfortable for flyer, but my coach dont want that i change.

Don't let people judge you, ignore them if you have to. Show them who's wrong and try hard. If your coach says you are average weight and you said that you are short. I bet you are good weight, don't feel bad about your weight. When you are up in the air, take pride in yourself of what you can do, there is always room for improvement and show those girls what you can do. I believe in you.

Don't let people judge you.
I was doing a straight up extension. My secondary base just learned what to do and I fell backwards on my back spot. I'm 95 lbs and I'm 14 (almost 15) so I'm pretty much tiny. I fell on her shoulder. She had to get it wrapped with the bulky ace bandages and she couldn't do anything after that.

The Fiercest App of All... Fierce Board

Back