All-Star Fierce Photos!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Also, athletes from all sports receive accolades for continuing when injured.

Remember thy gymnast that broke her leg and still vaulted?
People worshipped the ground she walked on.

That doesn't mean that everyone's going to agree that they should be. Since I assume you're talking about Kerri Strug, at the time she thought if she didn't land on her feet they would take silver in the Olympics (though we now know that's not the case), so circumstances are a bit different, however I still don't agree that she should get praised for vaulting.

That doesn't mean that everyone's going to agree that they should be. Since I assume you're talking about Kerri Strug, at the time she thought if she didn't land on her feet they would take silver in the Olympics (though we now know that's not the case), so circumstances are a bit different, however I still don't agree that she should get praised for vaulting.

I feel like they shouldn't need to push through, but strength in all forms is something to be proud of.

Her pushing through Is on her coaches shoulders, not her own.

I may be alone here, but I don't think it's anyone's right to be posting these pictures around social media but the athletes themselves. Those were serious injuries and as much as we'd all like to say they're fighters, injuries are no joke and far from "fierce" and I think the last thing we should be doing is praising everyone for continuing that routine. Probably alone in that thinking though.
To be fair, she was probably too in shock to realize she was injured and just continued automatically. I got in a really really bad car accident a few weeks ago, and someone had to tell me that there was pieces of glass stuck in my arm and blood was running down my body. I honestly would have never known I was hurt until someone told me.

I'm just glad these injuries weren't any worse than they were. It could have been so much worse. I'm praying they get better quickly and that maybe we can learn from what happened so that it can help others be safer in the future. It's amazing how these kids can fight through stuff, and it is true that it is instinct to keep going. All I can say is that I'm glad the girls are going to be okay this time.

Trying one more time to bring it back around to the Fierce PICTURES...
205513_231433300320571_261958865_n.jpg

177083_231439876986580_19406525_o.jpg

And this one is another example of "When Teammates Become Your Sisters"
188409_231436976986870_1902096122_n.jpg

I understand she shouldn't have continued but does anyone else think that the fierce part is that she's still smiling after an injury, and that she's still in good spirit?

Back