OT First Visit To Summit For Me And Cp Anyone Else Or Advice.....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

Tina

Cheer Parent
Feb 20, 2013
Hey there, so my CP got a AL bid last week in CT, not really sure what to expect.....feeling really nervous, excited, stressed & $$$$$$ did I say stressed lol any must do it while we are there or what to avoid. ... my CP is going withat her y1 team Shamrocks for JAS, hoping her y2 gets a bid in TN especially since we will be there ;) our y1 has been on fire this year and our y2 is amazing as well just not as lucky both are actually young new teams... although coming 2nd to Pro Ath twice, I'll take it, they are amazing ;)

Only advice I can offer is Good Luck and Congratulations...Those are both competitive divisions and represent NJ to the fullest...Woohoo!

Only advice I can offer is Good Luck and Congratulations...Those are both competitive divisions...
lol ty.... I heard that, I have told my cp it's accomplishment to be invited, practice hard, do your thing and whatever happens be happy we get to spend a few days in Disney ;) as of now our gym has 7 teams going so it should be a great weekend for all of us to be together win or loose ;)

My daughter's team was given an At-Large bid, but I doubt if we will be going to the Summit...

My daughter's team was given an At-Large bid, but I doubt if we will be going to the Summit...
Why wouldn't they go if they took the bid if you don't mind me asking? This was the first year we accepted AL bids so naturally we have more since those paid are so so much harder to get :( I think of the 7 we have 3 paid. It surely is not a cheap comp, we are staying off grounds to save a bit $$$

We had a bid last year too and did not go...I think, it is more about the expense and traveling to Disney(UCA) too many times...Plus, the coaches and parents vote against it, I think!

Why wouldn't they go if they took the bid if you don't mind me asking? This was the first year we accepted AL bids so naturally we have more since those paid are so so much harder to get :( I think of the 7 we have 3 paid. It surely is not a cheap comp, we are staying off grounds to save a bit $$$

they didn't "take" the bid.. all Youth 5's were handed bids. I wouldn't take my team on that, either, if it were up to me. not to mention they were just at UCA. you can only give the mouse so much $$$ each season.

they didn't "take" the bid.. all Youth 5's were handed bids. I wouldn't take my team on that, either, if it were up to me. not to mention they were just at UCA. you can only give the mouse so much $$$ each season.
@njallday and @Tina, that is one disadvantage of being in such a small division like Y5, we only compete against at the most 7 other teams in the division. Some may argue that LAG and LCoed, only have a few teams too, but I think for the older groups there are more incentives to make it worthwhile to compete against each other over and over, prize money, majors, Triple Crown, gifts, endorsements, etc...Y5 teams only receive another jacket or ring...too expensive in JMHO

Last edited:
@njallday and @Tina, that is one disadvantage of being in such a small division like Y5, we only compete against at the most 7 other teams in your division. Some may argue that LAG and LCoed, only have a few teams too, but I think for the older groups there are more incentives to make it worthwhile to compete...JMHO
Well for what it's worth I personally think y5 teams are sick and crazy inpressive, hope to have one in our gym in the near future ;) Now if you can explain, what do you mean y5 all were handed the bids, you lost me on that :( sorry

Also when I said took the bid, I meant literally like as in accepted it lol sorry for the confusion.

Well for what it's worth I personally think y5 teams are sick and crazy inpressive, hope to have one in our gym in the near future ;) Now if you can explain, what do you mean y5 all were handed the bids, you lost me on that :( sorry
All Yth5 teams were given "WC" bids to summit but half move on to Saturday so different rules for their division.

Must be prepared for traffic! If you are driving yourself and parking, then give yourself plenty of time. Last year there was a marathon being run on Saturday or Sunday morning and boy oh boy were there a lot of people there!!

DEFINITELY have one of the Wetzel's pretzels...yummy! They have a stand inside the gates and they usually sell them at one of the concession stands in each building.

Pray for no rain. Last year it was so wet and muddy and gross. You literally had to walk through huge mud puddles to get to the awards tent...no fun!!

Also when I said took the bid, I meant literally like as in accepted it lol sorry for the confusion.

there was another poster in another thread complaining about teams accepting bids who had no intentions on using them, thus preventing another team from attending. that's what i thought you meant! no worries. :)

All Youth 5 teams were given WC bids by Varsity, which were then upgraded to At-Larges automatically. I'm assuming they realized that it wouldn't work with WC bids since only the winner would be able to move on.

Last year, our team won a Summit bid after our win at NCA and another J5 team in my gym, neither team accepted the bids... So this year, Varsity decided to give all Y5 Wild Card bids and then changed it to At Large bids to I guess, to get more Y5 teams to come... Last year, only 3 Y5 teams competed at Summit and this year, of those 3 only 1 team remained as Y5...I think, they gave out bids to all Y5 to encourage more teams to come and it was given out earlier enough to have fundraisers, etc...Unfortunately, I think my daughter's team will not be going again...In retrospect, I probably will like for her to experience Summit before she aged off Y5 team this year...

Back