All-Star Flyer Vs Flier

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I

imrichhowboutu

So i've noticed myself using both Flyer and Flier when typing the word. I think Flier is the correct version based on grammar, but Flyer looks much better.

Decisions, decisions.

Totally meant to add a poll to this. but i didn't. Oops.

Just add a comment.

I always use "flyer" in cheerleading terms, but use "flier" when referring to like, a flier was put on my car advertising a car wash service or something like that. But actually think both words are interchangeable for both meanings haha. That is just MY preference.

i definitely like Flyer, like everyone else was saying, flier reminds me of an advertisement or something

The times on here when I typed flyer I honestly was like hmmm I think flier looks wrong even though I believed it was technically right so I just used flyer like most everyone else.

Also I had this debate with someone over tiny's or tinies when referring to that division. I believe the 's is wrong but the other word looks stupid!

Haha English was never my favorite subject it was definitely math!

When I google it...it actually shows both spellings to be correct and interchangeable basically. But anyway, yeah, I just like flyer better for cheer and flier better for a leaflet or whatever.

fli·er

noun
something that flies, as a bird or insect.

fly·er

noun
1. Textiles .

a. a rotating device that adds twist to the slubbing or roving and winds the stock onto a spindle or bobbin in a uniform manner.
b. a similar device for adding twist to yarn.
2. flier.

Back