All-Star Flying....look On Page 3 For Stretches....page 5 For Video's Of Stretches

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 10, 2013
I started cheerleading last year at 140 lbs. and 5 feet. I've lost 20 lbs and counting so I could have a shot at being a flyer. The only problem is that I don't have any opportunity to really fly until tryouts this spring. Can currents flyers please give me some tips/conditioning to help me be tight in the air and hit?

@xtremeteal4life has posted the flyer stretches on Page 3.........and there are video's on page 5. Read ahead before replying to her...........MsT

Last edited by a moderator:
No pointers for you but want to make sure you are controlling your weight in a healthy manner with proper diet and exercise and also not trying to make your body into something it just may not be meant for. Striving for a healthy body is the best.

@ Cheer Dad- No worries! Before I cheered I did not have any physical activity and was overweight. I still eat like an elephant (but instead of candy I have fruit, etc.), I just work hard at cheer. I love the concern though!! :) I feel like I have a healthy relationship with food and my body.
I have a file/pic of a flyer conditioning worksheet from CEA's best flying coach (IMO)- Sarabeth (ceacoaches is her twitter name I think) that I can message/email you. She's really good at teaching proper technique, body positions, flexibility, etc. Not all of their flyers on the worlds and elite teams are 5' and under and weigh less than 120lbs. :)
I know this subject gets brought up from time to time- especially the "optimal" weight issue- but having better technique, body control, flexibility and conditioning combined is better than just being tiny. Many really good flyers aren't super super skinny- many of them are very athletic and have muscular bodies (not knocking on the smaller flyers bc my little one will forever be super tiny- so if they have all of those elements and happen to be smaller, that's ok too :)

*********MsTeal edited to say the sheet is posted on Page 3.......there are video's posted on Page 5. Please do not reply asking her to send them to you........read to the end of the thread's before replying.........*********

Uuuuh, I'd love to see that worksheet, too! I'm trying really hard to condition our flyers and help them with better technique...

Me too!
(Not to the i want to fly topic, but the works sheet)
Being a flyer is much more work than most people think - just tiny and smiling won't bring you far ;-)
So i love learning new ways to condition flyers.

No problem guys- when I log into my computer I'll send one to all of you. :)

*********MsTeal edited to say the sheet is posted on Page 3.......there are video's posted on Page 5. Please do not reply asking her to send them to you........read to the end of the thread's before replying.........*********

I think I got you all (under one PM). Let me know if you have any problems.

Any chance you could please send it to me too?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!
Yes, PM sent

Back