College Forced To Forfeit Nca Title

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

was the "illegal" team member actually enrolled in the school with just not enough units, or did they not go to the school at all?

was the "illegal" team member actually enrolled in the school with just not enough units, or did they not go to the school at all?

to my understanding they were graduated already from the school..
and im hearing there could have been 1 other student as well!

Give a time frame for a coach to be banned from coaching at competitions. International sports will 'ban an official' for one year-3 years for cheating on scoring, etc. But they are not banned for life.

Also, how many teams have participated with a "legal athlete" at NCA Nationals...just to come home and have that athlete drop classes because it is the first part of the Spring Quarter....hey, they were"legal"...right?

i STILL find it hilarious that someone from USASF is doing this. Knowing that USASF is the reason why theres all these rules and age restrictions.

Someone said: "EVERYONE does it. just sucks they had to get caught"
JUST BECAUSE EVERYONE DOES IT DOESNT MAKE IT RIGHT HONEY BUNCHES OF OATS!

ANYONE CHEATING ON COLLEGE, ALL STARS, POP WARNER/REC TEAMS I HOPE YOU GET CAUGHT AS WELL!

His talent is out the window the moment he took athletes to Daytona that did not belong on the team. I do not care how many national titles he has won with other teams, who is to say this is the first time he has done this? How is this blown out of proportion? He basically STOLE a national title from SFA small coed because he knew very well that he was cheating. He has not only embarrassed members of the team, who will forever have to live up to people knowing they were members of the team that cheated, but also the University.

Ok so they didn't help him recruit, do you think the University of Louisville gives James Speed the ok to accept athletes into the school that do not meet the qualifications to get into the school? Or do you think University of Kentucky puts Jomo on their private jet with Coach Calipari to go around the nation and recruit? Doubt it.

I also wish I could shimmy ACEDAD and Sharkdad's posts multiple times because something needs to be done to keep this many from hurting another program.

In addition, and not that recruiting problems makes it okay, but he doesn't need help. CSULB is the only State Univ that has a competitive cheer program in all of So Cal, maybe even the whole state. I'd rather add someone who never cheered and teach him stunting, then cheat. I can't help but wonder what was go throwing to his mind as they announced their name in first place and saw SFU standing there, knowing they deserved the title "Was it, YES!!!! Cheating was so worth it" or "Start the car!"

Anyone who thinks this isn't a big deal, the next team under USASF's radar should be yours.

I would wager that a majority of the teams who compete in Daytona don't receive support from their schools. I know mine didn't - we could compete but only if we paid for it all ourselves. It's just something you have to work with, but it doesn't give anyone an excuse to cheat.

I would have thought the contrary. I would think because cheerleaders support and cheer for their school teams, administration would, at least, support them financially for a trip to Nationals. Since insurance is necessary for practice to compete and competition itself who is purchasing the necessary insurance for college teams throughout their season?

In addition, and not that recruiting problems makes it okay, but he doesn't need help. CSULB is the only State Univ that has a competitive cheer program in all of So Cal, maybe even the whole state. I'd rather add someone who never cheered and teach him stunting, then cheat. I can't help but wonder what was go throwing to his mind as they announced their name in first place and saw SFU standing there, knowing they deserved the title "Was it, YES!!!! Cheating was so worth it" or "Start the car!"

Anyone who thinks this isn't a big deal, the next team under USASF's radar should be yours.

I meant SFA...standing there

I would have thought the contrary. I would think because cheerleaders support and cheer for their school teams, administration would, at least, support them financially for a trip to Nationals. Since insurance is necessary for practice to compete and competition itself who is purchasing the necessary insurance for college teams throughout their season?

You'd be surprised then.

As well, it is NOT ok to cheat. To all of us who strive every day to be as legal as they can and win it is very upsetting to hear about something like this. I am posting this to the front of the board.

I was curious about if this was the same situation that Morehead go into last year, the Univeristy made them give up their title because one of their athletes had graduated in December making him ineligible to compete by the rules of the University even though the UCA rules said that he still could.

Now is UCA rules different then NCA because UCA still recognizes Morehead as the D1 Coed champs for 201o even though the University does not.

I question this because if NCA and UCA have the same policy about athletes being able to graduate in December and still compete at nationals that year then there HAS to be more to it then athletes that graduated that fall because NCA is NOT recognizing Long Beach has even being in the division.

I would think UCA and NCA have different cut-off dates, since NCA is so late in the year.

I'd also like to add that he is NOT an amazing coach/choreographer. An amazing one would have utilized what he had, not bring in ringers.

I just checked the NCA rule book and it sort of confused me be it said that the student but be a full-time student at their school or be taking a minimum of 9 credit hours. Is full time not usually 12 hours at most schools? So why say full time then say 9 hours? Seems like silly wording to me.

Anyway that isn't my real point but this is. The COACH had to sign a waiver for EACH participant that had their number of hours currently enrolled. Ok that sounds easy BUT there is more, attached to this waiver must be the athletes CLASS SCHEDULE and the waiver is to be signed by the schools REGISTAR'S OFFICE before it is turned in at check-in.

So my next question/comment is did the school sign off on this not knowing what it was for or did the coach forge the signature needed OR did NCA overlook that these forms were not turned in for this/these athletes? This situation seems a lot more sticky then it seems on the surface. Someone didn't do their job correctly and fingers may need to be pointed at more then just the coach.

coast2coastfan said:

I'm not trying to be rude, just wanted to point out that San Diego State competes at USA nationals and I know there's other colleges in California that do too. I know that USA nationals are not held to the same caliber as NCA or UCA, but it is still an accomplishment! :)

coachrah said:

The school's pay that insurance, but they'd have to get it even if the teams didn't compete - they're still doing skills at games. Hence why so many teams are being grounded.

But you'd be surprised at how little support teams get. To many schools, their role is to cheer on the sidelines, or to make appearances at campus events to show campus pride. Their duties don't extend to competitions of their own, and as such, many teams arent supported in that regard.

Back