All-Star From Les Stella (the Rulesguy) About Cea Live Show

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Thank you Les for letting us on the board know. Many of us questioned a few things and were wondering about them.

While the show was fun and impressive to watch, please understand that there were numerous things that were illegal for competition. If you choose to copy some of the skills you saw, be prepared to accept penalties.

Les Stella
Executive Director
USASF Rules and Judging
Would it be too much to ask you to let us know which items are illegal?

Is this in the pyramid when the girls step on the girls stomachs and flip over by themselves?

Two of them I know are execution based. The stepping onto stomach itself not illegal, but vaulting off it so there is 'air' is (you could maintaining contact roll over the top). As well the throws on coed elite where the toe pitch in halfs and the flyers are free flying.

Two of them I know are execution based. The stepping onto stomach itself not illegal, but vaulting off it so there is 'air' is (you could maintaining contact roll over the top). As well the throws on coed elite where the toe pitch in halfs and the flyers are free flying.
There is also a part where the guys throw the girls over their heads, and the girls land on their feet behind the guys. I didn't see a clear enough video to see if they are assisted to the ground.

The girls put their hands on the guys shoulders, so by definition they are assisted to the ground. They have contact.

Yeah what caught my attention was that after they stepped onto the stomach the girls stort of push off and flip instead of just flipping over.

The girls put their hands on the guys shoulders, so by definition they are assisted to the ground. They have contact.
Does contact count as assisting? I assume the nature of the rule was meant to be a base has to have their hands on you.

Does contact count as assisting? I assume the nature of the rule was meant to be a base has to have their hands on you.

I think when it comes to 'intent' that is a hard thing to quantify.

So someone can jump out of a stunt, and as long as they touch someone on their way down they are fine?

For that one you are going to have to go a long way to exploit that rule. And for little to no difficulty value. Not saying it isn't possible, just not probably.

Kinda like 3 years ago when I tried to have two baskets high 5 (when it was still legal). I figured out when I lined them up it wasn't going to work.

Back