All-Star From Les Stella (the Rulesguy) About Cea Live Show

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

You'd have to ask her. I suspect she feels like she can fix what she needs to fix. We compete this weekend so we'll see tonight. Has the "Rules Guy" specificially said what he feels is illegal?

well, i'm pretty sure she's on the boards so perhaps she'll answer. i'm just of the mindset to not make extra work for yourself and the girls. easier to work within the rules rather than have to back track right before you're ready to compete...there's enough stress at that division, i wouldn't willingly add more if i didn't have to...jmo, everyone has their own i'm sure.

well, i'm pretty sure she's on the boards so perhaps she'll answer. i'm just of the mindset to not make extra work for yourself and the girls. easier to work within the rules rather than have to back track right before you're ready to compete...there's enough stress at that division, i wouldn't willingly add more if i didn't have to...jmo, everyone has their own i'm sure.
I completely understand what you are saying, but at least for the Senior Elite legalities, I feel like they are very easily fixable to make the legal.

It will be interesting to see the changes this weekend especially how she has them go into the second stunt since the way they are doing it now is a no-go.

Ok, i gotta ask.....why do it in the first place? I find it astonishing that courtney wouldn't know the rules backwards and forwards..or were these areas too gray to call?? if that many of us on the boards recognized something wasn't right.......

Sometimes, as in the case with SE tumbling entry, the fixed rule qualifying version is actually more dangerous..the kids know and have been practicing the legal version, we just can't do it yet.

I could have dreamed this but didn't Courtney post somewhere initially that they knew that they had places where they were over in numbers, had some legalities, things weren't up to par, etc. That the showcase was about participation, showing off and sharing with family and friends? Could be wrong but I didn't think they were selling it as mat ready, more of a pep rally. Guess it's a hazard of being an industry leader, folks will copy what they love.

There is no legal version:

A. All tumbling must originate from and land on the performing surface.
Exception: Tumbler may [without hip-over-head rotation] rebound from his/her feet into a stunt transition. Rebounding to a prone position in a stunt is allowed.

Exception: Tumbler may [without hip-over-head rotation] rebound from his/her feet into a stunt transition. Rebounding to a prone position in a stunt is allowed.

There is a legal version.

If one of the bases holds the flyers hand, it is legal. Stars did it last year.

Did they get rid of the definitive separation between tumbling and stunting? I feel that is what @argosaxan was referring to.

Copying from rules.fierceboard.com

Example: Round off handspring and then a bump or contact from a base or bracer straight into a back flip would break this rule for levels 1-5. A clear separation from the tumbling to the stunt is needed to make this legal. Catching the rebound and then dipping to create the throw for the rotation is legal. This would also be true if coming from just a standing back handspring without the round off.

I still dont understand why they were put in the routine if theyre illegal. I would assume that Courtney knows the rule book like the back of her hand.

I still dont understand why they were put in the routine if theyre illegal. I would assume that Courtney knows the rule book like the back of her hand.
she answered a few posts ago, they are working on the legal way, but the illegal way was easier for them

Back