All-Star From Les Stella (the Rulesguy) About Cea Live Show

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It was illegal and is deemed unsafe therefore should not have been allowed to be befored that way 3 different times. She may think that it is the safe way, but every other member of the committee thinks otherwise so it should not have been done.
We have no idea what the 'legal' version that they have in mind is... maybe an unbraced rewind out of the tumbles is safer for now if the legal way is technically more difficult. My level 2 girls have done rewinds at a camp here in the UK, they are safe. But finding a way to make them legal at level 5 may be less safe but may come up with a stunt that will be copied there world over yet again like the ball up 360 tick tock.

Courtney has stated that they are working on a legal version of the stunt but she regarded this version to be safer for the girls in this instance. She's a highly respected member of the cheerleading community. She isn't going to lie.
She addressed a single illegal element. Les would not come on here and make a post if there was only one broken rule. And as many have stated, there are multiple issues with the routine. Not all of which benefit the athlete. Such as not having enough catchers for a stunt. By all means please tell me how that is safer for the athlete

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I think you are proving Rich's point. Why gamble with the health and safety of these kids. The rules are in place for a reason. She is part of the Committee that is in charge of enforcing and adapting them, and as a USASF Gym they should be practicing and enforcing them everyday. Not just for the comps but every practice as well, including showcases. The parents and athletes in most cases do not know or aware that what they are working on is illegal and it is up to the USASF certified Coaching Staff and Gym Owners to see to it that there members are not put in harms way for the sake of entertainment. These are young kids.

There are plenty of skills that are not legal that can be performed safely with the right coach. I think Courtney falls in the right coach category.

Courtney, on the boards, addressed the video on Fox where Maddie flips over a girl and is only caught by 2 bases. To my knowledge, she has not said anything about the other elements of the routine that are illegal.
Here's a simple fix, don't throw the skill. The tumbling in question that is illegal could have been made legal by just doing roundoff handspring and jump into squish position, they didn't need to tuck (if this is the part I'm thinking of, not watching the video right now). The step over part in the pyramid was a simple fix, grab the foot. The fact of the matter is this, these skills were thrown for entertainment, it wasn't a competition, so why would they care what they threw? Whether it was safe or not is another question, but there was no reason for Courtney to have these girls throwing these skills other than for pure entertainment value.

I think you are proving Rich's point. Why gamble with the health and safety of these kids. The rules are in place for a reason. She is part of the Committee that is in charge of enforcing and adapting them, and as a USASF Gym they should be practicing and enforcing them everyday. Not just for the comps but every practice as well, including showcases. The parents and athletes in most cases do not know or aware that what they are working on is illegal and it is up to the USASF certified Coaching Staff and Gym Owners to see to it that there members are not put in harms way for the sake of entertainment. These are young kids.

Can you not purport that Courtney would jeopardize the safety of her athletes. Mr. Wiggin's I'm sure you are aware that those kids are like an extension of Courtney's family. And, she has already spoken to the fact that the illegal way is safer for her athletes to do then the legal way which they cannot yet safely execute.

Sheesh, way out of the game - but, still hating & continuing your attack on CEA.

Thanks Michael.

Back