Full Downs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 27, 2012
hey guys, I really need to master my full down before next Friday and I REALLY need improvement...lol what tips or drills do you guys know to get it?

We used to have the girls do 3 jumping jacks and on the last one, when you jump pull yourself up, wrap your arms around pocket to pocket, turn your head and twist.

From being a backspot. We have the flyer, standing, do a full twist and land in the backspot's arms.

What has worked for my flyers, is to pick a point right before you twist, and keep pulling yourself around till you can see that point clearly again, but keep your body as tight as possible and pull hard!

Dip 1,2 t arms 3, pull 4. that's what my coaches taught me :) be sure to pull your whole body (shoulders, hip, legs,) (so it makes a straight line) all at once. Don't use just your neck or waist. I hope that makes sense... lol

There are three really important factors in full downs.
1 - WAIT! When you're first fulling down, you'll want to twist right away, and often out of the bases hands - Wait for the pop! You'll get higher, will have more time to full down, and will look WAY prettier!
2 - Think UP! Imagine your trying to twist up, instead of down. This will help preventing you from throwing yourself down.
3 - Spin TOGETHER! Don't throw your shoulders or hips or any other body part and have the rest of you follow. You are one person, move as one! Squeeze everything!

So wait for the toss, think up, squeeze, and twist!

There are three really important factors in full downs.
1 - WAIT! When you're first fulling down, you'll want to twist right away, and often out of the bases hands - Wait for the pop! You'll get higher, will have more time to full down, and will look WAY prettier!
2 - Think UP! Imagine your trying to twist up, instead of down. This will help preventing you from throwing yourself down.
3 - Spin TOGETHER! Don't throw your shoulders or hips or any other body part and have the rest of you follow. You are one person, move as one! Squeeze everything!

So wait for the toss, think up, squeeze, and twist!
thanks!!! :)

Back