All-Star Full Outs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Keep_Believing

Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Apr 11, 2011
During comp. season about how many full outs does your team do each practice? Also, if you are comfortable sharing what gym are you a part of? Thanks

Maryland Twisters, and 3+ usually. If we have a mistake, we immediately start the music and go again.

I cheer at World Cup, and it definitely depends on the team and coaches. I'm on the same team as last year, and last year we only went full out maybe once a practice. We have different coaches and now it's 3 ish full outs plus conditioning

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I cheer at World Cup, and it definitely depends on the team and coaches. I'm on the same team as last year, and last year we only went full out maybe once a practice. We have different coaches and now it's 3 ish full outs plus conditioning

Can you tell a big improvement in your performances at comp. with the extra full outs at practice?

100 full-out...maybe 3 times at most.

More often than not it'll be everything except running tumbling. We do the routine with music more than 3 times but I will pick and chose what parts they throw based on what they need work on. I typically do 1 full-out after "comp-warm up", (if it was a disaster, we do it full-out again) work parts that need it, do those parts to music and end the practice with 1 or 2 full-outs.

They are having some serious endurance issues for their last stunt sequence and pyramid at the very end of the routine though and I'm starting to rethink how I've been doing practices because it hasn't been enough endurance conditioning apparently.

CP's teams have usually gone 3x full-out with stamina. Stamina = no break - music starts back up immediately. Mark tumbling and stunts, do jumps and performance/dance, and make up anything you busted during the full-out. The most successful team she was on did 5x full-out with stamina at each practice.

IMO, not enough. CP is on a youth1 with lots of mini aged kids (5 of the 20 are in k or 1st grade). They don't full out every practice, and I think it shows in the fact that the little ones miss counts/ don't know their spot when we do full out. Full outs usually only happen the the 3 practices before a comp. I don't think they do enough to really know their music and get comfortable with it.

On my senior 3 team for the past two years we often did 5-6, sometimes even 7-8 full outs a practice depending on how long it took until we could hit it. This was prior to comp season/ early in comp season. Once comp season was in full swing we could hit it in 1-3 full outs so that's all we would do.
On my R5 team it was usually only 4-5 at most for full outs.

Depends on the practice. Sometimes I really need to focus on breaking things down and cleaning sections and sometimes we'll run a ton. lLast practice we did 13 routines with music and probably 5 of those were full out. When we have long breaks in between competitions, we typically run full outs the 5 practices leading up to the next competition. For example, our last competition was the first weekend of December. After that, I spent 2 weeks cleaning the routine and we started running full outs again last week. We have competition this Saturday (January 18).

It may be different for my team because I coach mini 1. Stamina is never an issue, so I could run full outs for 2 hours straight. However, they wouldn't get anything out of it because they don't pay attention when the music is on. I need those no-full out practices to drill things into their heads.

Back