All-Star Full Outs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apparently I'm crazy and try for 10+ with my team. I need to be able to know they can hit a rewind to low high that happens at 1:45 before a 3 structure 2.5 high pyramid sequence. I've also started to play the music and have them do burpees for the 2:30....nothing helps stamina like burpees. Suddenly a full out doesn't seem so bad when confronted with that!

hmmm... maybe I will have to see threaten my team with a routine of burpee's if they don't hit. Maybe that'll motivate them to fight for that dang pyramid. :p

During comp. season about how many full outs does your team do each practice? Also, if you are comfortable sharing what gym are you a part of? Thanks

I love my daughters coaches but wow they push them hard. We do a minimum of 3 full outs up to 7 full outs in a practice. No joking! Now with that being said their team won first place at every comp last year and so far we have won first 3 times this year! Florida Wildcats Cheetahs. I feel the harder they work the better they are, the muscle memory clicks and most can do it in their sleep, lol!

I cheer at Cheersport Sharks and I know it varies a lot between coaches/level etc. The team I compete on (AG6) does 3 full outs when we are close to competitions. But we do way more runs, after each full out we have to go back and do another run immediately (no break) and do whatever fell/touched down etc. as well as other individual stunt or tumbling runs. However, I coach a youth 1 team at the gym and as soon as we've warmed everything up they can go full out the rest of practice (5-6x generally).

I love my daughters coaches but wow they push them hard. We do a minimum of 3 full outs up to 7 full outs in a practice. No joking! Now with that being said their team won first place at every comp last year and so far we have won first 3 times this year! Florida Wildcats Cheetahs. I feel the harder they work the better they are, the muscle memory clicks and most can do it in their sleep, lol!

Have to admit I am jealous!

During comp. season about how many full outs does your team do each practice? Also, if you are comfortable sharing what gym are you a part of? Thanks
Depends on how well each full out goes. If each full out has a lot of mistakes then we usually just keep doing them. Some practices are dedicated to full outs while others are a variety of full outs, sections, cleaning up, or making changes. Even when we hit full outs we do more anyways so we can hit even more. When our coach isn't happy with a full out we usually go full out immediately after the previous one or do a run through with mistakes. The amount of full outs differs for each team at my gym this is just what my team does. Ultimate Athletics

This year we do maybe 3 (maybe more if we aren't doing so good or a stunt is consistently falling/someone busts or something). Last year at my old gym (the one with 6+ hours of practice on a sunday evening:rolleyes:) we did probably 20-30 a practice. (lucky me, i didn't have tumbling :p). I do not believe doing more full outs makes your team better, they do build your endurance. But like at my old gym when we did so many it just made stunts worse and worse...

Back