Full Up Machine & Maeflyer For First Year Level 3 Flyer?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 10, 2011
My cousin has been on junior 2 for three years, and is now moving up to J3! She's never flown level 3 and is having trouble learning how to full up and do extended one leg stunts. Before spending all this money on these tools, I wanna hear from you guys. Is it worth is? Is there any drills she can do? Any place to get these cheaper? Thank you!

Full-outs are one of my favorite skills, and totally fun once you get them down.
Learning new stunts can be hard, and depending on where you live, you may be able to take 'stunting' classes, where you learn techniques and work with different bases. This can be an awesome way to learn, the lessons are usually pretty cheap, but I wouldn't recomment it if your cousin isn't used to having her stunt group switched around all the time. Another option, have her take her stunt group to open gym. It's cheap ($5.00-$10.oo), and you can get a lot of practise in and their is usually other groups there or instructors whom can spot and give you tips.

Drills:
Full ups- Using the trampoline or even on the floor, or a balance beam (anything above the ground), have your cousin practise twisting all the way around and keeping her body upright and tight. This gets the flyer used to the movement. Also, you can buy these circular boards (I have no idea what they're called at the moment), which are probably the most AMAZING tool you can ever have...however they can get a little pricey depending on where you buy them. It's a circular device, with a spot for you to put one foot. You rewind it until it clicks and pops into place, and the action will make it spin really quickly in a circle, eventually stopping and allowing you to pull your skill. This is probably one of the best things I have ever used, Full Up Machine by Core Athletics and Scott "Crasher" Braasch, this is a link to a picture and how it works. It's also great for learning other twisting skills, like full or double downs.
Straight-up extensions- Using a soup can, have your cousin use it to work on her balance, by 'loading' onto it them pulling skills. One-legged extended stunts are really all about finding your core, and keeping everything still and hollow. Personally, I imagine having a rope going through the middle of my body, holding me up like a marianette while focusing on a spot on the wall, all to keep my balance while pulling skills.

I hope I could help, it's kind of hard to explain different techniques, without having visual aid. Goodluck to your cousin, I'm sure she'll get her required skills soon!

Remember to practise, practise, practise! :)
Lily

EDIT: I found this for your cousin, Tips For Not Falling In One Legged Extension | Fierce Board - We Talk Cheerleading, bye!

Full-outs are one of my favorite skills, and totally fun once you get them down.
Learning new stunts can be hard, and depending on where you live, you may be able to take 'stunting' classes, where you learn techniques and work with different bases. This can be an awesome way to learn, the lessons are usually pretty cheap, but I wouldn't recomment it if your cousin isn't used to having her stunt group switched around all the time. Another option, have her take her stunt group to open gym. It's cheap ($5.00-$10.oo), and you can get a lot of practise in and their is usually other groups there or instructors whom can spot and give you tips.

Drills:
Full ups- Using the trampoline or even on the floor, or a balance beam (anything above the ground), have your cousin practise twisting all the way around and keeping her body upright and tight. This gets the flyer used to the movement. Also, you can buy these circular boards (I have no idea what they're called at the moment), which are probably the most AMAZING tool you can ever have...however they can get a little pricey depending on where you buy them. It's a circular device, with a spot for you to put one foot. You rewind it until it clicks and pops into place, and the action will make it spin really quickly in a circle, eventually stopping and allowing you to pull your skill. This is probably one of the best things I have ever used, Full Up Machine by Core Athletics and Scott "Crasher" Braasch, this is a link to a picture and how it works. It's also great for learning other twisting skills, like full or double downs.
Straight-up extensions- Using a soup can, have your cousin use it to work on her balance, by 'loading' onto it them pulling skills. One-legged extended stunts are really all about finding your core, and keeping everything still and hollow. Personally, I imagine having a rope going through the middle of my body, holding me up like a marianette while focusing on a spot on the wall, all to keep my balance while pulling skills.

I hope I could help, it's kind of hard to explain different techniques, without having visual aid. Goodluck to your cousin, I'm sure she'll get her required skills soon!

Remember to practise, practise, practise! :)
Lily

EDIT: I found this for your cousin, Tips For Not Falling In One Legged Extension | Fierce Board - We Talk Cheerleading, bye!
Thank you so much! That's such a help! My aunt purchased her a mini trampoline to practice her full ups! Thanks! :)

I swear by the Mae flyer and make every flyer take it home at least once. I have 5 girls that it has really helped this year. It's great to practice your skills. However, if you've been a flyer for awhile it becomes unnecessary but easy to sell to another flyer, they wear really well.

I swear by the Mae flyer and make every flyer take it home at least once. I have 5 girls that it has really helped this year. It's great to practice your skills. However, if you've been a flyer for awhile it becomes unnecessary but easy to sell to another flyer, they wear really well.
I heard from others that after awhile you don't need it, so I'm not sure if its worth the $50 unless its for a whole gym use. Would you recommend it to her?

I heard from others that after awhile you don't need it, so I'm not sure if its worth the $50 unless its for a whole gym use. Would you recommend it to her?
I'd talk to the gym and see if they have one you can try. $50 is expensive but perhaps you can talk to the other flyers parents and see if you guys can split it. My squad shares it with our 7 flyers and it has held up for 4 years. My flyers have found different uses for them as they've grown and are now using them to perfect their positions. I guess you grow out of the original intent but find new uses. I love them, my squad loves them, and I can see a major difference in the stunts.

Honestly just doing fullups the new way is so insanely easy it negated the need for a full up machine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Back