All-Star Fundraising & Alternates

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 15, 2014
Poll time! Does your gym include alternates for your level 5 teams? If so, do they participate in fundraising opportunities for that team? 1,2,3.....GO!

Our gym does fundraising as open to all athletes. So if I were to raise $50 through 1-numerous fundraisers, that money goes directly to me. So, yes, alternates can and do fundraise if they choose to do so.

If someone is out for whatever reason ( schedule conflict, illness, short term injury) another athlete from another team or a coach will fill in on the stunting and on the pyramid if that is what they are working on. If there is a need for a longer fill in due to injury then they pull someone up to fill in. We are truly blessed to have several athletes that are on L5 Restricted or L4 teams that have the skills needed for the L5 teams. Is that what you were asking? Do other gyms have alternates for their L5 teams?

If someone is out for whatever reason ( schedule conflict, illness, short term injury) another athlete from another team or a coach will fill in on the stunting and on the pyramid if that is what they are working on. If there is a need for a longer fill in due to injury then they pull someone up to fill in. We are truly blessed to have several athletes that are on L5 Restricted or L4 teams that have the skills needed for the L5 teams. Is that what you were asking? Do other gyms have alternates for their L5 teams?
How are able to do that without putting a hole in another team's routine? (Sorry if my question sounds hostile, I'm just curious.)

How are able to do that without putting a hole in another team's routine? (Sorry if my question sounds hostile, I'm just curious.)
We had center flyer on our level 5 royal Cobras tear her acl during the last practice before cheersport. We didn't have alternates...

They pulled a flyer off my daughters j3 team because she was literally one of very few flyers in the gym that night during that teams practice and most had already left to cheersport since it was the last team to practice before cheersport. And she hit the stunt and she did it perfectly, in fact she did so well that they let her remain on that team the rest of the season outside of NCA. They never took her off the j3 team though.. She did both routines every comp.

She only had level 3 skills but she is a strong flyer .. So she did Vegas, uca, and summit with them also. But we needed her on j3 just like they needed her on Cobras.. So she wasn't moved off the team and didn't leave us with a hole.

Cobras didn't have alternates like the previous posters team didn't have alternates. We just find one for the job when needed! It always seems to work out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So do gyms have alternates for their L5 teams?
I've seen some gyms who have athletes that are on a lower level team attend all or most of the level 5 team's practices as an alternate to just watch or fill in if someone is absent. That way they know the routine and it makes it easier to fill in if needed.

This year we do; we actually have an entire stunt group. The bases are all on the sr 4 team; they do not have Level 5 tumbling (they are close to it but not quite there yet). The flyer just turned 12 and is on the jr 4 team. Since they are not paying for anything for the level 5 team (not paying as crossovers) I would not think they would be included in fundraisers however I might be wrong.

Back